joe.webmin.com?? What is this?? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on joe.webmin.com?? What is this?? - Mandriva ; Hi again, I checked my info log, and it states that postfix is trying to contact the above domain, I have Webmin installed on the machine in question(Mandriva 2005 LE)..tried to google a bit, but did not find anything helpful, ...

  1. joe.webmin.com?? What is this??

    Hi again,
    I checked my info log, and it states that postfix is trying to contact
    the above domain, I have Webmin installed on the machine in
    question(Mandriva 2005 LE)..tried to google a bit, but did not find
    anything helpful, Have anyone been trough this? It also states that
    joe.webmin.com get's a timeout. When I do a http to that domain it goes
    into https and shows me a page about virtualmin..I think this is a
    little creepy, but then again I could be a scary cat

    Roger
    --
    Mandriva Linux 2008 (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600
    Be towards others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

  2. Re: joe.webmin.com?? What is this??

    On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 23:08:03 +0100, Roger wrote:
    > Hi again,
    > I checked my info log, and it states that postfix is trying to contact
    > the above domain,

    Without any information, my WAG, postfix is attempting to send an
    email to joe.webmin.com or relayhost is webmin.com, or your domain is
    webmin.com, or you have webmin.com in a file in /etc/postfix, or .........

  3. Re: joe.webmin.com?? What is this?? SOLVED (duh)

    My bad...I ought to think a little, some days ago I told Webmin to tell
    the Webin authors about my machine composition..never thought about this
    afterwards...I looked into my outgoing mailbox, and there it was,
    addressed and ready to go to joe.webin.com...And, since Tele2 have shut
    off the possibility to have my own smtp server, it always got a timeout.
    Sorry !!!!

    Roger

    --
    Mandriva Linux 2008 (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI K8TM, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Sempron 3000+ CPU
    ATI Sapphire Radeon X1600
    Be towards others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

+ Reply to Thread