.... nice to have a full X11 screen with compiz and all that goodies, and a
moving mouse ... but no reaction to any keyboard input.
Error message looks something like
dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//kbd_drv.so: undefined symbol:
clientJumpBuf

Tried everything, even downgrading to 2008.0 (but then there are no
nvidia-dkms modules in the common repos) until I found out, that just
copying over the /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/kbd_drv.so from a ubuntu-7.10
install "solves" my problem.
In addition, the 2.6.24 kernel looks nice but apparently doesn't find my
lvm2 anymore, with default settings. Still using 2.6.23.9 (the last kernel
source with capability as module, so dazuko can be compiled).

And uh, it's too late and I am too lazy for a bug report today.
Linux 2.6.23.9-2mdvtmbcustom. [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]