Scanner - HP Scanjet 3800 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Scanner - HP Scanjet 3800 - Mandriva ; I has been quite a wait but my scanner is now supported. The interface looks better than the supplied windows one - bye bye windows. For anyone one with this scanner you will find it lumped together with the 3900. ...

  1. Scanner - HP Scanjet 3800

    --
    Neil
    reverse ra and delete l

  2. Re: Scanner - HP Scanjet 3800

    Neil Ellwood a écrit :
    > I has been quite a wait but my scanner is now supported. The interface
    > looks better than the supplied windows one - bye bye windows.
    >
    > For anyone one with this scanner you will find it lumped together with
    > the 3900.

    Hi Neil:

    You may also want to check out "Vuescan" at http://www.hamrick.com . It
    is the only non opensource software that I use. Vuescan is an amazing
    product and has an impeccable history for support. It also supports your
    model and the software is constantly being improved. The price may seem
    a little steep if you are used to the opensource model, but I have found
    it to be very worthwhile.

    I use it with my HP ScanJet 5350C.

    Cheers

    Marc

  3. Re: Scanner - HP Scanjet 3800

    On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 11:09:13 -0500, Marc Paré wrote:

    > Neil Ellwood a écrit :
    >> I has been quite a wait but my scanner is now supported. The interface
    >> looks better than the supplied windows one - bye bye windows.
    >>
    >> For anyone one with this scanner you will find it lumped together with
    >> the 3900.
    >>

    > Hi Neil:
    >
    > You may also want to check out "Vuescan" at http://www.hamrick.com . It
    > is the only non opensource software that I use. Vuescan is an amazing
    > product and has an impeccable history for support. It also supports your
    > model and the software is constantly being improved. The price may seem
    > a little steep if you are used to the opensource model, but I have found
    > it to be very worthwhile.
    >
    > I use it with my HP ScanJet 5350C.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Marc

    Thanks Marc
    I will take a closer look tomorrow.

    --
    Neil
    reverse ra and delete l

  4. Re: Scanner - HP Scanjet 3800

    On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 13:09:14 -0600, Neil Ellwood wrote:

    >> I use it with my HP ScanJet 5350C.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Marc

    > Thanks Marc
    > I will take a closer look tomorrow.

    Just had a look at their site and unfortunately doesn't support my
    scanner (checked twice as well).

    Thanks for bringing it to my notice>

    --
    Neil
    reverse ra and delete l

  5. Re: Scanner - HP Scanjet 3800

    Neil Ellwood a écrit :
    > On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 13:09:14 -0600, Neil Ellwood wrote:
    >
    >>> I use it with my HP ScanJet 5350C.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>>
    >>> Marc

    >> Thanks Marc
    >> I will take a closer look tomorrow.

    > Just had a look at their site and unfortunately doesn't support my
    > scanner (checked twice as well).
    >
    > Thanks for bringing it to my notice>

    Hi Neil:

    I thought it was listed on their site here
    http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#hp Anyway, glad to hear that
    your Scanjet is working.

    Cheers

    Marc