Using Python's idle on Mandriva Linux 2008 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Using Python's idle on Mandriva Linux 2008 - Mandriva ; All: I am attempting to use Python's idle on Mandriva Linux 2008; but, I keep getting a "command not found" error in the /usr/lib/python2.5/idlelib/idle.py file. Any help? Keith...

  1. Using Python's idle on Mandriva Linux 2008

    All:
    I am attempting to use Python's idle on Mandriva Linux 2008; but, I keep getting a "command not found" error
    in the /usr/lib/python2.5/idlelib/idle.py file. Any help?

    Keith

  2. Re: Using Python's idle on Mandriva Linux 2008

    On Jan 16, 10:27 am, Keith Lee wrote:
    > All:
    > I am attempting to use Python's idle on Mandriva Linux 2008; but, I keep getting a "command not found" error
    > in the /usr/lib/python2.5/idlelib/idle.py file. Any help?
    >
    > Keith

    Sorry I thought this was a thread about Monty Python's Eric Idle

  3. Re: Using Python's idle on Mandriva Linux 2008

    On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:27:44 -0500, Keith Lee wrote:

    > All:
    > I am attempting to use Python's idle on Mandriva Linux 2008; but, I keep getting a "command not found" error
    > in the /usr/lib/python2.5/idlelib/idle.py file. Any help?

    Try running "python /usr/lib/python2.5/idlelib/idle.py" from a console. If that
    fails, with no error messages, try running
    strace -f -F -v -odebug.txt python /usr/lib/python2.5/idlelib/idle.py
    and then view debug.txt, to see what command is not being found.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  4. Re: Using Python's idle on Mandriva Linux 2008

    Dave:
    Thanks! That worked just fine.

    Keith Lee

+ Reply to Thread