printer problem ? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on printer problem ? - Mandriva ; I'm Mandriva 2007.1 I think it a permissioned problem but don't where to start checking at. I can print using openoffice, but I can't print using Evolution the print button is grayed out. The other 2 buttons the "print preview" ...

  1. printer problem ?

    I'm Mandriva 2007.1 I think it a permissioned problem but don't where to
    start checking at.

    I can print using openoffice, but I can't print using Evolution the print
    button is grayed out. The other 2 buttons the "print preview" and
    "cancel" are working.

  2. Re: printer problem ?

    On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:55:51 -0500, carl wagner wrote:

    > I'm Mandriva 2007.1 I think it a permissioned problem but don't where to
    > start checking at.
    > I can print using openoffice, but I can't print using Evolution the print
    > button is grayed out. The other 2 buttons the "print preview" and
    > "cancel" are working.

    I'm running 2008, so things may be different here. I just installed evolution.
    Looking through it, I don't see anything related to printer settings, so I
    suspect it has to do with overall gnome settings.

    If you click on System, Preferences, Default Printer, does your printer show
    up? If so, click on set default, and then try evolution again.

    If not, expect more questions .

    Regards, Dave Hodgins