control-kit-daemon - Mandriva

This is a discussion on control-kit-daemon - Mandriva ; Recently started finding 60-70 instances of control-kit-daemon task in htop. Can't find any info on it. kilall kills them with no noticeable affects. Anyone know what starts this thing? -- Want the ultimate in free OTA SD/HDTV Recorder? http://mythtv.org My ...

  1. control-kit-daemon

    Recently started finding 60-70 instances of control-kit-daemon task in
    htop. Can't find any info on it. kilall kills them with no noticeable
    affects. Anyone know what starts this thing?

  2. Re: control-kit-daemon

    Wes Newell wrote:

    > Recently started finding 60-70 instances of control-kit-daemon task in
    > htop. Can't find any info on it. kilall kills them with no noticeable
    > affects. Anyone know what starts this thing?

    I've never heard of control-kit-daemon. I do have console-kit-daemon.

    urpmq -S consolekit
    consolekit : System daemon for tracking users, sessions and seats

    Jim

  3. Re: control-kit-daemon

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:10:58 GMT, Wes Newell wrote:
    > Recently started finding 60-70 instances of control-kit-daemon task in
    > htop. Can't find any info on it. kilall kills them with no noticeable
    > affects. Anyone know what starts this thing?

    I'll go out on a limb and guess that you have the On boot check box
    set for consolekit.

    You can check in the Mandriva Control Center-->System-->
    Manage system services by enabling or disabling them

  4. Re: control-kit-daemon

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:08:23 +0000, James Kerr wrote:

    > Wes Newell wrote:
    >
    >> Recently started finding 60-70 instances of control-kit-daemon task in
    >> htop. Can't find any info on it. kilall kills them with no noticeable
    >> affects. Anyone know what starts this thing?
    >>

    > I've never heard of control-kit-daemon. I do have console-kit-daemon.
    >
    > urpmq -S consolekit
    > consolekit : System daemon for tracking users, sessions and seats
    >
    > Jim

    That's it. I'll look at the rpm description. Thanks.

  5. Re: control-kit-daemon

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:51:23 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:10:58 GMT, Wes Newell wrote:
    >> Recently started finding 60-70 instances of control-kit-daemon task in
    >> htop. Can't find any info on it. kilall kills them with no noticeable
    >> affects. Anyone know what starts this thing?

    > I'll go out on a limb and guess that you have the On boot check box set
    > for consolekit.
    >
    > You can check in the Mandriva Control Center-->System--> Manage system
    > services by enabling or disabling them

    I'm wondering how it got turned on in the first place. This just started a
    few days ago. And more to the point, why so many of them are needed?

  6. Re: control-kit-daemon

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:10:58 -0500, Wes Newell wrote:

    > Recently started finding 60-70 instances of control-kit-daemon task in

    console-kit documentation is available at
    http://people.freedesktop.org/~mccan...onsoleKit.html

    Regards, Dave Hodgins