bind external program to key during slideshow-- Possible? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on bind external program to key during slideshow-- Possible? - Mandriva ; I am going to be using gromit to do writing over the slides in an openoffice slideshow during lectures I give. I would like to capture that as an image and save it. To do so I want to during ...

  1. bind external program to key during slideshow-- Possible?

    I am going to be using gromit to do writing over the slides in an
    openoffice slideshow during lectures I give. I would like to capture that
    as an image and save it. To do so I want to during slide show run a screen
    capture facility. I have that all set up, but I need to be able to trigger
    it during the slide show. Ie, I want to bind one of the keyboard keys to
    running this external screencapture during the slide show. Unfortunately I
    have no idea how to do that. Let me call the program screensave. How do I set
    things up so that during the slide show I can push say the prtScr button on
    my computer, pushing that button will cause the program screensave to run, and
    capture the screen image?

    (Note the openoffice "use mouse as pencil" option is useless since neither
    the colour, a light green on a light white background, is useless and
    completely invisible to colour blind students, nor the weight-- thin little
    lines-- can be changed. Also you cannot save those either.)

  2. Re: bind external program to key during slideshow-- Possible?

    On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 20:55:18 GMT, Unruh wrote:
    > I am going to be using gromit to do writing over the slides in an
    > openoffice slideshow during lectures I give. I would like to capture that
    > as an image and save it.

    Under KDE ksnapshot is invoked by hitting the print key.

    With a little work, import can be used from a script you create.

+ Reply to Thread