easy downloading while surfing (no right click,"Save as...") ? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on easy downloading while surfing (no right click,"Save as...") ? - Mandriva ; Hi, when surfing on the net, I often want to save data (PDFs, pics, programs...), and I am looking for an alternative to clicking on the right mouse button, then "save as...", choose directory I want to be able to ...

  1. easy downloading while surfing (no right click,"Save as...") ?

    Hi,

    when surfing on the net, I often want to save data (PDFs, pics,
    programs...), and I am looking for an alternative to clicking on the
    right mouse button, then "save as...", choose directory

    I want to be able to selectively download, I don t want to download
    whole sites...

    Any suggestion ?

    Many thanks
    Vincent

  2. Re: easy downloading while surfing (no right click,"Save as...") ?

    On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 06:36:41 -0800 (PST), Vincent M wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > when surfing on the net, I often want to save data (PDFs, pics,
    > programs...), and I am looking for an alternative to clicking on the
    > right mouse button, then "save as...", choose directory
    >
    > I want to be able to selectively download, I don t want to download
    > whole sites...
    >
    > Any suggestion ?

    I have humor/fyi email list where I send jpg, gif,,,, things I find on
    the net. If I see something I'll click up a terminal and use import.

    import where/2/store/fn_here.type

    Example:
    import ehumor/jpg/cat.jpg

    Then press button, drag mouse, release button and selection will be
    stored in $HOME/ehumor/jpg/cat.jpg

    If I change cat.jpg to cat.gif, format will be .gif.
    This will not work for pdfs.

    cron job pulls all files and emails them to everyone on the list.

  3. Re: easy downloading while surfing (no right click,"Save as...") ?

    On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 09:36:41 -0500, Vincent M wrote:

    > I want to be able to selectively download, I don t want to download
    > whole sites...

    How about kget. Just drag the links to the system tray icon.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins