writing on presentation slides? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on writing on presentation slides? - Mandriva ; I want to give a talk where in addition to printed text on the "slides" I also want to write on them as well. Now, Impress allows me to do so, (mouse as pencil) but the colour they use is ...

  1. writing on presentation slides?

    I want to give a talk where in addition to printed text on the "slides" I
    also want to write on them as well. Now, Impress allows me to do so, (mouse
    as pencil) but the colour they use is completely invisible (light green on
    white --- esp if anyone is colourblind) and is unchangeable
    ( according to the IMpress help). So that is completely useless.
    I can use my tablet to write on the slides in impress in the composer mode,
    but that is useless for the presentation. -- I have all those menus and
    borders, and impress selects ( with stupid little blue squares) anything I
    write which is not what you want during a presentation. (And no I cannot
    preprepare the writing as it is in response to students' questions. )

    Anyway, does anyone have any ideas how I can present the slides?

    I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet, which works as if it were a mouse, so I have
    a way of entering writing.

    So, a) if I had a way of changing the colour in Ooffice, and/or changing
    the pen width or
    b) had some other way of writing on slides (pdf?)

  2. Re: writing on presentation slides?

    Unruh writes:

    >I want to give a talk where in addition to printed text on the "slides" I
    >also want to write on them as well. Now, Impress allows me to do so, (mouse
    >as pencil) but the colour they use is completely invisible (light green on
    >white --- esp if anyone is colourblind) and is unchangeable
    >( according to the IMpress help). So that is completely useless.
    >I can use my tablet to write on the slides in impress in the composer mode,
    >but that is useless for the presentation. -- I have all those menus and
    >borders, and impress selects ( with stupid little blue squares) anything I
    >write which is not what you want during a presentation. (And no I cannot
    >preprepare the writing as it is in response to students' questions. )

    >Anyway, does anyone have any ideas how I can present the slides?

    >I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet, which works as if it were a mouse, so I have
    >a way of entering writing.

    >So, a) if I had a way of changing the colour in Ooffice, and/or changing
    >the pen width or
    >b) had some other way of writing on slides (pdf?)

    Hm, a collegue here suggested gromit. It seems to do what I want, but on
    the laptop I use, it seems it can only use Pause as the control button. But
    that is a two key thing. Any of the other options (F12, Print) do not work.
    Also is there an easy way of saving what you printed to a file ( eg
    something that could be tied to a single key).

    Or is there some other program which does the a similar thing as gromit?

+ Reply to Thread