KDE sound - Mandriva

This is a discussion on KDE sound - Mandriva ; Hello all, The sound on my system is muffled I have the volume on my speakers as well as the volume om the Volume control all the way up. Can anyone help me out with this? thanks in advance. Jim...

  1. KDE sound

    Hello all,

    The sound on my system is muffled I have the volume on my speakers as well
    as the volume om the Volume control all the way up. Can anyone help me out
    with this? thanks in advance.

    Jim

  2. Re: KDE sound

    On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:44:46 -0500, Jim wrote:

    > The sound on my system is muffled I have the volume on my speakers as well
    > as the volume om the Volume control all the way up. Can anyone help me out
    > with this? thanks in advance.

    If you're running kde, run kmix, open the mixer, and try adjusting the pcm
    volume.

    If that works, right click on the kmix icon, select "Select Master Channel",
    and select pcm, so that the volume control slider, will adjust the pcm
    volume.

    For gnome, use the gnome-volume-control

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: KDE sound

    on Saturday 05 January 2008 10:44
    Jim wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > The sound on my system is muffled I have the volume on my speakers as well
    > as the volume om the Volume control all the way up. Can anyone help me out
    > with this? thanks in advance.

    Hi Jim,

    There are lots of places where you can fiddle with the volume in KDE,
    not to mention application specific adjustments. Investigate all
    that you can find, and if that doesn't work buy an amplifier. ;-)

    Do your speakers require batteries? A wall wart? Are they firmly
    plugged into the correct socket? Are you going deaf? >:->

    Is Kmix running? Click up the control panel. (Not the simple
    volume slider.) What you see depends on what hardware has been
    detected. I found that turning *down* the unused input
    dramatically improved things.

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

  4. Re: KDE sound

    David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:44:46 -0500, Jim wrote:
    >
    >> The sound on my system is muffled I have the volume on my speakers as
    >> well as the volume om the Volume control all the way up. Can anyone help
    >> me out with this? thanks in advance.

    > If you're running kde, run kmix, open the mixer, and try adjusting the pcm
    > volume.
    >
    > If that works, right click on the kmix icon, select "Select Master
    > Channel", and select pcm, so that the volume control slider, will adjust
    > the pcm volume.
    >
    > For gnome, use the gnome-volume-control
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    Thanks! that did the trick.