security done wrong - Mandriva

This is a discussion on security done wrong - Mandriva ; I run several machines, some are windows (dont tell!)On each machine I usually run BOINC (or as i like to call it: boink) and seti@home. The other day I was reviewing the release notes for the latest release of BOINC ...

  1. security done wrong

    I run several machines, some are windows (dont tell!)On each machine I
    usually run BOINC (or as i like to call it: boink) and seti@home. The other
    day I was reviewing the release notes for the latest release of BOINC and
    came across this:

    Windows
    Work around Vista problems by running all components with administrative
    rights.

    Will MS ever learn? Will Windows programmers ever learn?
    Its a sad state of affairs....
    Eric

  2. Re: [ OT ] security done wrong

    On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 23:53:30 -0800, Eric wrote:

    > Will MS ever learn? Will Windows programmers ever learn?

    And your Mandriva Linux question is.....

    Sounds like a post to put in a Micro$not usenet group, not here.

  3. Re: [ OT ] security done wrong

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 23:53:30 -0800, Eric wrote:
    >
    >> Will MS ever learn? Will Windows programmers ever learn?

    > And your Mandriva Linux question is.....
    >
    > Sounds like a post to put in a Micro$not usenet group, not here.

    No - he's making a valid point. /All/ versions of Windows have no real
    security model, unlike /our/ favourite OS!

    C.

  4. Re: [ OT ] security done wrong

    Christopher Hunter writes:

    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 23:53:30 -0800, Eric wrote:
    >>
    >>> Will MS ever learn? Will Windows programmers ever learn?

    >> And your Mandriva Linux question is.....
    >>
    >> Sounds like a post to put in a Micro$not usenet group, not here.

    > No - he's making a valid point. /All/ versions of Windows have no real
    > security model, unlike /our/ favourite OS!

    No, he's off topic.
    This is not an advocacy group.
    There is one, but this is not it.

+ Reply to Thread