console fonts mandriva 2008? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on console fonts mandriva 2008? - Mandriva ; Hello, how can I change the font (especially font sinze) in the text console under Mandriva One 2008.0 free? Regards Matthias...

  1. console fonts mandriva 2008?

    Hello,

    how can I change the font (especially font sinze) in the text console
    under Mandriva One 2008.0 free?

    Regards
    Matthias

  2. Re: console fonts mandriva 2008?

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:03:21 -0500, Matthias Sommer wrote:

    > how can I change the font (especially font sinze) in the text console
    > under Mandriva One 2008.0 free?

    KDE or GNOME?

    For konsole, click on Settings, Font, Enlarge/Shrink,
    then click on Settings, Save as default.

    For gnome-terminal, click on edit, current profile, unselect the option to
    use the system fixed width font, and then click on the button showing the
    font and size, and then change the size, as desired.

    If you are talking about the font used before the window manager is loaded,
    that will be controlled by the vga setting specified at boot time.
    See http://www.sprint.net.au/~terbut/use...lovgatable.htm
    for lilo settings, or
    http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/...igure_examples
    for grub settings.