Radeon 9250 Svideo Out - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Radeon 9250 Svideo Out - Mandriva ; Running 2008.0 free, all updates, on a HP 310n, 810 chipset, with ATI PCI Radeon 9250 graphics card. Just configured the ATI card at install, not the internal 810 graphics (cannot disable the internal graphics in BIOS). Have svideo out ...

  1. Radeon 9250 Svideo Out

    Running 2008.0 free, all updates, on a HP 310n, 810 chipset, with ATI PCI
    Radeon 9250 graphics card. Just configured the ATI card at install, not
    the internal 810 graphics (cannot disable the internal graphics in BIOS).
    Have svideo out at 1024x768 16 bit using vesa driver and Options "TVOut" in
    xorg device driver section. Have OUT OF SYNC svideo out with provided ati
    driver. Anyone know of an xorg.conf option statement to get the svideo in
    sync?

    Have tried TVOut, TVOutput with and without NTSC, but no luck. The latest
    fglrx driver doesn't support the 9250 and an older fglrx,
    ati-driver-installer-8.28.8.run, seems to be incompatible with the current
    xorg system. Found a good resource at
    http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Main_Page
    Any ideas?

    TIA

  2. Re: Radeon 9250 Svideo Out

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:26:31 -0500, Klaatu wrote:

    > Running 2008.0 free, all updates, on a HP 310n, 810 chipset, with ATI PCI
    > Radeon 9250 graphics card. Just configured the ATI card at install, not
    > the internal 810 graphics (cannot disable the internal graphics in BIOS).

    According to http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00007413
    disabling the onboard graphics, is just a matter of starting the bios setup
    program, selecting advanced, select Primary video adapter, and then pci.

    > Have svideo out at 1024x768 16 bit using vesa driver and Options "TVOut" in
    > xorg device driver section. Have OUT OF SYNC svideo out with providedati
    > driver. Anyone know of an xorg.conf option statement to get the svideo in
    > sync?

    Can't help with that part. I'm using an ati 9200se, but with just the crt
    connected.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: Radeon 9250 Svideo Out

    David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:26:31 -0500, Klaatu
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Running 2008.0 free, all updates, on a HP 310n, 810 chipset, with ATI PCI
    >> Radeon 9250 graphics card. Just configured the ATI card at install, not
    >> the internal 810 graphics (cannot disable the internal graphics in BIOS).

    > According to

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00007413
    > disabling the onboard graphics, is just a matter of starting the bios
    > setup program, selecting advanced, select Primary video adapter, and then
    > pci.

    Thanks for the feedback David found a link to look for dkms-ati so will
    check that out.

    According to http://www.intel.com/support/graphic.../CS-003807.htm
    and another source changing the bios setting to PCI just changes the
    priority, integrated AGP is still enabled as secondary. In windoz it can
    be disabled in software by unselecting it from the hardware profile in the
    device manager. In Mandriva I just didn't configure the 810 video head,
    figured that was about the same.

+ Reply to Thread