Check your services and see if you have IPTABLES running on your
machine. I am not sure about Mandrake but I know of a few flavors that
setup a firewall by default and you never know it is running until you
start trying to use non common ports such as port 6881 and it block you.

Now, it that is not the case, and you are truly plugged directly into
your internet connection with no Router or Firewall between you, then
look at your ISP. There have been talks about ISPs blocking some P2P
ports and Bit Torrent. Don't go calling your ISP over it, but do a
little research and see if anyone else is having similar problems.

JAG
http://www.binarybb.info