2008 shutdown not u(n)mounting from NFS - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2008 shutdown not u(n)mounting from NFS - Mandriva ; The other quirk with 2008.0 I haven't found a solution for is the init scripts for shutdown are not u(n)mounting NFS mounts. I have /home, /usr/local, and /var/spool/mail mounted over NFS, and they are very definitely mounted at boot time ...

  1. 2008 shutdown not u(n)mounting from NFS

    The other quirk with 2008.0 I haven't found a solution for
    is the init scripts for shutdown are not u(n)mounting NFS
    mounts. I have /home, /usr/local, and /var/spool/mail
    mounted over NFS, and they are very definitely mounted at
    boot time and stay that way. However, during shutdown, I
    see a message from umount that it thinks those three are not
    mounted, so it fails to u(n)mount them. Checking
    /var/log/messages on the server shows my 2007.0 clients
    always mount them at boot and u(n)mount at shutdown, but my
    2008.0 test client never u(n)mounts them.

    Any suggestions, other than collecting the necessary
    documentation and filing a bug report?

    Thanks.

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  2. Re: 2008 shutdown not u(n)mounting from NFS

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:49:20 +0000, Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:

    > The other quirk with 2008.0 I haven't found a solution for
    > is the init scripts for shutdown are not u(n)mounting NFS
    > mounts. I have /home, /usr/local, and /var/spool/mail
    > mounted over NFS, and they are very definitely mounted at
    > boot time and stay that way. However, during shutdown, I
    > see a message from umount that it thinks those three are not
    > mounted, so it fails to u(n)mount them. Checking
    > /var/log/messages on the server shows my 2007.0 clients
    > always mount them at boot and u(n)mount at shutdown, but my
    > 2008.0 test client never u(n)mounts them.
    >
    > Any suggestions, other than collecting the necessary
    > documentation and filing a bug report?

    Ummmm...... fix the init (shutdown) scripts?