MCC update replaced old Pan with new... - Mandriva

This is a discussion on MCC update replaced old Pan with new... - Mandriva ; Today's 2008.0 MCC update comprised around 10 packages, none of which I swear was Pan, but when I OK'd the update it replaced my 'old' Pan with the new. Fortunately, I was able to quickly reverse the change, but would ...

  1. MCC update replaced old Pan with new...

    Today's 2008.0 MCC update comprised around 10 packages, none of
    which I swear was Pan, but when I OK'd the update it replaced my
    'old' Pan with the new.

    Fortunately, I was able to quickly reverse the change, but
    would like to prevent such an event recurring.

    Is there some kind of' update exclusion' option or file that can
    be set? (Googling Groups didn't bring anything to light.)

    --
    Maurice

  2. Re: MCC update replaced old Pan with new...

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 17:30:50 +0000, Maurice Batey wrote:
    > Today's 2008.0 MCC update comprised around 10 packages, none of
    > which I swear was Pan, but when I OK'd the update it replaced my
    > 'old' Pan with the new.
    >
    > Fortunately, I was able to quickly reverse the change, but
    > would like to prevent such an event recurring.
    >
    > Is there some kind of' update exclusion' option or file that can
    > be set?

    Yes.

    (Googling Groups didn't bring anything to light.)

    man urpmi

    Since you mentioned "file that can be set" I would check under FILES
    Where we see
    See urpmi.files(5).
    So doing a
    man urpmi.files
    you may find the answer.

  3. Re: MCC update replaced old Pan with new...

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 17:30:50 +0000, Maurice Batey wrote:
    > Today's 2008.0 MCC update comprised around 10 packages, none of

    Glad to see someone's mirror is working. Mine has been dead since yesterday.

    /media/main/updates/media_info/hdlist.cz
    ....retrieving failed: md5sum mismatch
    unable to access hdlist file of "main_updates", medium ignored

    You would think the script to move updates into the production mirror would
    do a before and after md5sum check and report any failure.

  4. Re: MCC update replaced old Pan with new...

    Maurice Batey writes:

    >Today's 2008.0 MCC update comprised around 10 packages, none of
    >which I swear was Pan, but when I OK'd the update it replaced my
    >'old' Pan with the new.

    >Fortunately, I was able to quickly reverse the change, but
    >would like to prevent such an event recurring.

    >Is there some kind of' update exclusion' option or file that can
    >be set? (Googling Groups didn't bring anything to light.)

    /etc/urpmi/skip.list

    >--
    >Maurice
    >(Remove 'removethis.' to reply by email)

  5. Re: MCC update replaced old Pan with new...

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 17:56:58 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > So doing a man urpmi.files you may find the answer.

    Indeed, yes! Thanks for the hint; I do pay attention ;-)

    --
    Maurice

  6. Re: MCC update replaced old Pan with new...

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:03:55 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > Glad to see someone's mirror is working. Mine has been dead since yesterday.

    I use one of the Paris mirrors.
    (Is nearest to me, and also in same city as Mandriva HQ!)

    --
    Maurice y email)

+ Reply to Thread