Ulteo looking for beta testers. - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Ulteo looking for beta testers. - Mandriva ; Just received an email from Ulteo asking for beta testers. If you remember this is the guy that started Mandrake. Thought it might be interesting to see what he's come up with. http://www.ulteo.com/main/cd-beta.php Rich -- "You can lead them to ...

  1. Ulteo looking for beta testers.

    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"

  2. Re: Ulteo looking for beta testers.

    Rich wrote:

    > Just received an email from Ulteo asking for beta testers. If you remember
    > this is the guy that started Mandrake.

    So *that's* where that spam came from. I'm glad I didn't report it. I
    think.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  3. Re: Ulteo looking for beta testers.

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:13:04 -0800, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Rich wrote:
    >
    >> Just received an email from Ulteo asking for beta testers. If you remember
    >> this is the guy that started Mandrake.

    > So *that's* where that spam came from. I'm glad I didn't report it. I
    > think.

    So, I went there. Signed up. Still waiting for 'confirmation'. That seems
    like a good way to disappoint folks.

  4. Re: Ulteo looking for beta testers.

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, ray@zianet.com wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:13:04 -0800, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Rich wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just received an email from Ulteo asking for beta testers. If you
    >>> remember this is the guy that started Mandrake.

    >> So *that's* where that spam came from. I'm glad I didn't report
    >> it. I think.

    > So, I went there. Signed up. Still waiting for 'confirmation'. That
    > seems like a good way to disappoint folks.

    I got a confirmation straight away - though I tried the demo with
    firefox 3 beta 1 - which immediately crashed and konqueror then
    couldn't run it either

    Robert
    --
    La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
    Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: Ulteo looking for beta testers.

    Robert Marshall wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, ray@zianet.com wrote:

    >>> So *that's* where that spam came from. I'm glad I didn't report
    >>> it. I think.

    >> So, I went there. Signed up. Still waiting for 'confirmation'. That
    >> seems like a good way to disappoint folks.

    > I got a confirmation straight away - though I tried the demo with
    > firefox 3 beta 1 - which immediately crashed and konqueror then
    > couldn't run it either
    >
    > Robert

    hmmmmmmm, doesn't look good, does it? Oh well.
    --
    "You can lead them to LINUX
    but you can't make them THINK"

  6. Re: Ulteo looking for beta testers.

    On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 02:34:59 +0000, Rich wrote:

    > Robert Marshall wrote:

    >>> So, I went there. Signed up. Still waiting for 'confirmation'. That
    >>> seems like a good way to disappoint folks.

    >> I got a confirmation straight away - though I tried the demo with
    >> firefox 3 beta 1 - which immediately crashed and konqueror then
    >> couldn't run it either
    >>
    >> Robert

    > hmmmmmmm, doesn't look good, does it? Oh well.

    Hmmmm....

    Seems to work ok for me..... Not anything to get excited about, except it
    does function.

    KDE desktop running on java.

    Speed was good ( have a broadband connection ).

    Overall, I'd say it is a good start.

  7. Re: Ulteo looking for beta testers.

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:20:44 -0700, ray wrote:

    >So, I went there. Signed up. Still waiting for 'confirmation'. That seems
    >like a good way to disappoint folks.

    I did the same, didn't received anythg. They I thought about the
    anti-spam filter, and the reply was there, classiffied as Spam :-(
    Maybe it's your cas ?

    --
    Regards,
    Sebas

  8. Re: Ulteo looking for beta testers.

    On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 09:03:41 +0000, sebas22 wrote:

    >>So, I went there. Signed up. Still waiting for 'confirmation'. That seems
    >>like a good way to disappoint folks.

    >I did the same, didn't received anythg. They I thought about the
    >anti-spam filter, and the reply was there, classiffied as Spam :-(
    >Maybe it's your cas ?

    Working nicely for me, I get a Linux environnement in a window of
    Opera in Windows-XP, no needs to install anythg, all the magic of
    linux is at one click from any environnement ... Better than live CD
    to show linux to friends. Better than virtualization to run a single
    linux program. Possible to access any Linux program from a cyber
    cafe's PC. It's maybe too slow, but it's beta !

    One can ask what would be the interest to access linux if you already
    have another OS, but with a basic set to start your PC with a rough
    browser, it could be a good way too get the ultimate Linux with a very
    basic installation. Of course, it would depend of the availability of
    your internet connection, but Gaël Duval is far from stupid, and I
    guess he has figured out some elegant solution.

    --
    Regards,
    Sebas

+ Reply to Thread