Kernel update & VMWare server - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Kernel update & VMWare server - Mandriva ; Hi I just installed all the updates Mandriva Update offered and noticed that kernel got also automatically(?) updated. And now of course VMWare Server doesn't start and running vmware- config.pl complains about missing header files. Urpmi offers tons of kernel-source ...

  1. Kernel update & VMWare server

    Hi

    I just installed all the updates Mandriva Update offered and noticed that
    kernel got also automatically(?) updated.

    And now of course VMWare Server doesn't start and running vmware-
    config.pl complains about missing header files.

    Urpmi offers tons of kernel-source packages but not kernel-desktop-
    source? Which one to choose?

    (Mandriva 2008.0 Powerpack, kernel: 2.6.22.9-desktop-2mdv)

    -JQ

  2. Re: Kernel update & VMWare server

    On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:15:18 +0000 (UTC), JK wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I just installed all the updates Mandriva Update offered and noticed that
    > kernel got also automatically(?) updated.
    >
    > And now of course VMWare Server doesn't start and running vmware-
    > config.pl complains about missing header files.

    I thought kernel-desktop-devel-latest would give you headers needed by
    third party compiles.

    > Urpmi offers tons of kernel-source packages but not kernel-desktop-
    > source? Which one to choose?

    I'll vote for
    kernel-source-latest-2.6.22.9-2mdv2008.0.i586.rpm 50116 Nov 19 20:40

  3. Re: Kernel update & VMWare server

    > Urpmi offers tons of kernel-source packages but not kernel-desktop-
    > source? Which one to choose?

    Answering to myself.. had to install kernel-desktop-devel-2.6.22.9-2mdv

    -JQ

+ Reply to Thread