But <rp-pppoe-gui> go on Mfv07, but not on Mdv08: why?! - Mandriva

This is a discussion on But <rp-pppoe-gui> go on Mfv07, but not on Mdv08: why?! - Mandriva ; The adsl connection starts good and fast by root-console,but not by the gui on the subject: how can I start with it? Tnx...

  1. But <rp-pppoe-gui> go on Mfv07, but not on Mdv08: why?!

    The adsl connection starts good and fast by root-console,but not by the
    gui on the subject: how can I start with it?
    Tnx

  2. Re: But <rp-pppoe-gui> go on Mfv07, but not on Mdv08: why?!

    Bingo wrote:
    > The adsl connection starts good and fast by root-console,but not by the
    > gui on the subject: how can I start with it?
    > Tnx

    http://support.primus.ca/en/dsl/linux_console.php

    has a fairly extensive set of instructions.

  3. Re: But <rp-pppoe-gui> go on Mfv07, but not on Mdv08: why?!

    Il Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:36:54 -0400, Marlene ha scritto:

    > Bingo wrote:
    >> The adsl connection starts good and fast by root-console,but not by the
    >> gui on the subject: how can I start with it? Tnx

    > http://support.primus.ca/en/dsl/linux_console.php
    >
    > has a fairly extensive set of instructions.

    Oh, yes, I've known these instructions by some years, and on the Mdv
    2007/0 and Spring the guy run very good, but with the Mdv 2008 fails, and
    I don't know why, and i connect by a root-console (not bad, but I'm son of
    the graphic interface more than the command line 8-/.
    I've asked more because it's a little technical rebus than for real
    needness (and because on a Mdv 2007/1 Spring the guy continues again his
    service.
    Well, I continue my listen, tnx

  4. Re: But <rp-pppoe-gui> go on Mfv07, but not on Mdv08: why?!

    Bingo wrote:
    > Il Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:36:54 -0400, Marlene ha scritto:
    >
    >> Bingo wrote:
    >>> The adsl connection starts good and fast by root-console,but not by the
    >>> gui on the subject: how can I start with it? Tnx

    >> http://support.primus.ca/en/dsl/linux_console.php
    >>
    >> has a fairly extensive set of instructions.

    > Oh, yes, I've known these instructions by some years, and on the Mdv
    > 2007/0 and Spring the guy run very good, but with the Mdv 2008 fails, and
    > I don't know why, and i connect by a root-console (not bad, but I'm son of
    > the graphic interface more than the command line 8-/.
    > I've asked more because it's a little technical rebus than for real
    > needness (and because on a Mdv 2007/1 Spring the guy continues again his
    > service.
    > Well, I continue my listen, tnx

    Well you could put the command in a file give the file execute rights
    and call the file with an icon and another if you want for adsl-stop
    or use run command, or deinstall the 2008 version and go get the 2007
    version, not promising that will install but it could. I run a bunch of
    really old rpms (the game sevencolors is one ) because the arent
    available anywhere.

  5. Re: But <rp-pppoe-gui> go on Mfv07, but not on Mdv08: why?!

    Marlene wrote:
    > Bingo wrote:

    >>> http://support.primus.ca/en/dsl/linux_console.php
    >>>
    >>> has a fairly extensive set of instructions.

    >> Oh, yes, I've known these instructions by some years, and on the Mdv
    >> 2007/0 and Spring the guy run very good, but with the Mdv 2008 fails, and
    >> I don't know why, and i connect by a root-console (not bad, but I'm
    >> son of
    >> the graphic interface more than the command line 8-/.
    >> I've asked more because it's a little technical rebus than for real
    >> needness (and because on a Mdv 2007/1 Spring the guy continues again his
    >> service.
    >> Well, I continue my listen, tnx
    >>

    > Well you could put the command in a file give the file execute rights
    > and call the file with an icon and another if you want for adsl-stop
    > or use run command, or deinstall the 2008 version and go get the 2007
    > version, not promising that will install but it could. I run a bunch of
    > really old rpms (the game sevencolors is one ) because the arent
    > available anywhere.

    Or go the menus, right-click on the command and select edit item.
    Look at that to see what the icon is actually using to call
    the program, and alter to match what works for you on the command
    line if needed. Make sure you know how to restore it to original
    form if needed.

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --