Where di i configure nameserver - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Where di i configure nameserver - Mandriva ; Hi, in mandriva 2007 spring the gui does not seem to work to configure the nameserver. If I edit /etc/resolv.conf it gets overwritten on reboot. Does anyone know which file I can edit to configure the nameserver ?? George...

  1. Where di i configure nameserver

    Hi, in mandriva 2007 spring the gui does not seem to work to configure the
    nameserver. If I edit /etc/resolv.conf it gets overwritten on reboot.
    Does anyone know which file I can edit to configure the nameserver ??
    George

  2. Re: Where di i configure nameserver

    On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:30:50 +0000, george2 wrote:

    > Hi, in mandriva 2007 spring the gui does not seem to work to configure the
    > nameserver. If I edit /etc/resolv.conf it gets overwritten on reboot.

    This will happen if you are using DHCP to setup your net connection.

    In that case, you need to change the nameserver settings on your router
    instead.

  3. Re: Where di i configure nameserver

    On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 06:30:50 -0500, george2 wrote:

    > Hi, in mandriva 2007 spring the gui does not seem to work to configure the
    > nameserver. If I edit /etc/resolv.conf it gets overwritten on reboot.
    > Does anyone know which file I can edit to configure the nameserver ??

    In addition to the respones about dhcp, the /etc/resolv.conf is written
    by resolvconf, using the info from dhcp, and the files from
    /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d

    If you have a nameserver, other then those returned by dhcp, add it
    to the head or tail file, in the /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d directory.
    The head file will go before the dhcp returned nameservers, tail after.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins