Grrrrrrrrr - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Grrrrrrrrr - Mandriva ; besides having my dsl dropping me every ten minutes, now it is slower than dial up....Grrrrrr I am having a bad hair day. I am going out and chill for awhile I'm going to throw some rocks at some goats...

  1. Grrrrrrrrr

    besides having my dsl dropping me every ten minutes, now it is
    slower than dial up....Grrrrrr

    I am having a bad hair day.
    I am going out and chill for awhile
    I'm going to throw some rocks at some goats

  2. Re: Grrrrrrrrr

    On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 20:16:27 GMT, Helaman wrote:
    > besides having my dsl dropping me every ten minutes,

    Lease set too short and you have not set nic as dhcp maybe

    > now it is slower than dial up....Grrrrrr

    Sounds like avahi-daemon is running, and/or you have not disabled ipv6.
    click up a terminal.
    su - root
    service avahi-daemon stop
    chkconfig --del avahi-daemon

    echo "NETWORKING_IPV6=no" >> /etc/sysconfig/network

    service network restart

    You need to remove 127.0.0.1 lane and any "search xxxxx" line
    from /etc/resolv.conf

    > I am having a bad hair day.
    > I am going out and chill for awhile
    > I'm going to throw some rocks at some goats

    Do not let the Animal Rights people catch you at it.

  3. Re: Grrrrrrrrr

    Helaman wrote:
    > besides having my dsl dropping me every ten minutes, now it is
    > slower than dial up....Grrrrrr
    >
    > I am having a bad hair day.
    > I am going out and chill for awhile
    > I'm going to throw some rocks at some goats

    Time to check out PCLinuxOS?

  4. Re: Grrrrrrrrr

    > service network restart
    >
    > You need to remove 127.0.0.1 lane and any "search xxxxx" line from
    > /etc/resolv.conf

    I am sorry, my connection has nothing to do with Linux, windows or other
    os. it is ATT dsl previously SBCglobal. Every so often
    they lose their way and spend the rest of the day trying to fix it.
    I should be more than kind I can actually get it here. I am very rural
    and on the edge of a National Forest, so I pay the price to live here if
    you get my drift, at night I chase raccoons off my porch and watch deer
    run across my driveway in the morning.

    Besides, I should not complain as they got so screwed up they forgot to
    bill me for a year.

  5. Re: Grrrrrrrrr

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:00:53 +1100, cMz wrote:

    > Helaman wrote:
    >> besides having my dsl dropping me every ten minutes, now it is slower
    >> than dial up....Grrrrrr
    >>
    >> I am having a bad hair day.
    >> I am going out and chill for awhile
    >> I'm going to throw some rocks at some goats

    > Time to check out PCLinuxOS?

    I installed it on a spare pc once time about six months ago
    support seemed limited, but still a decent Linux OS

  6. Re: Grrrrrrrrr

    > I'm going to throw some rocks at some goats

    ok doing much better, lol

    getting lots of support here, thanks guys
    this is one of the best group on the net

    and I didn't throw rock at our goats

    just shared a bottle of merlot with one of them.
    who is nutter a wine drinking goat or someone who lets
    him drink it?

  7. Re: Grrrrrrrrr

    Helaman wrote:
    > besides having my dsl dropping me every ten minutes, now it is
    > slower than dial up....Grrrrrr

    ============================
    Ensure that your ISP hasn't changed to (A)DSL -Max
    Here in Britain we had the problem that following the upgrade to ADSL
    -max , ISPs made changes resulting in some existing ADSL routers no
    longer capable to perform .........In my case and that of a friend using
    a different ISP the download speed had slowed down from 2000 - 3000kbps
    to approx 450 kbps . We both happened to have a D-Link 604 device .

    He bought a more modern Netgear DG834PN ADSL wireless router (with 4
    Ethernet ports) and his download speed was back to normal . I followed
    suit (without exploring other makes) . My speed is now back to 2000kbps
    +/- .
    Perhaps others on this NG (more knowledgeable in this field than
    myself) can explain why .

    Frank

+ Reply to Thread