    update sources, that is install more sources, I eventually had about 30
    sources which many were duplicates.

  2. Re: which is better easyurpmi or let mandriva do it

    On 2007-11-24, Helaman wrote:
    > Ok,just blew off my root and did a clean install of 2008
    >
    > which is better to go to easy urpmi and get update sources
    > or let mandriva do it. The mandriva doesn't give many
    > choices.

    I'm guessing that by 'let Mandriva do it' you mean make use of the tools
    in MCC to find and add 'sources' for the software management tools. That
    is what I did when I installed Mdv2008 and it seemed to work just fine.

    You can also use the 'mirror finder' in the Mandriva club 'downloads'
    website if you like, it works very much like the 'EasyURPMI' website. Club
    membership is now free )

    > Last time every time I use the mandriva installer it wanted to
    > update sources, that is install more sources, I eventually had about 30
    > sources which many were duplicates.

    Hmm. I haven't had that happen to me - but I have sometimes found that a
    mirror ceases to work satisfactorily so I delete it and find a different
    one. Perhaps you just weren't deleting the ones you didn't want to use?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  3. Re: which is better easyurpmi or let mandriva do it

    On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 19:42:19 +0000, Helaman wrote:

    > Ok,just blew off my root and did a clean install of 2008
    >
    > which is better to go to easy urpmi and get update sources or let
    > mandriva do it.

    You can get them all here.

    http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

  4. Re: which is better easyurpmi or let mandriva do it

    On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 22:00:30 +0000, Wes Newell wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 19:42:19 +0000, Helaman wrote:
    >
    >> Ok,just blew off my root and did a clean install of 2008
    >>
    >> which is better to go to easy urpmi and get update sources or let
    >> mandriva do it.

    > You can get them all here.
    >
    > http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

    that is what I usually use, just was checking

  5. Re: which is better easyurpmi or let mandriva do it

    on Sunday 25 November 2007 06:42
    Helaman wrote:

    > Ok,just blew off my root and did a clean install of 2008
    >
    > which is better to go to easy urpmi and get update sources
    > or let mandriva do it. The mandriva doesn't give many
    > choices. Last time every time I use the mandriva installer it wanted to
    > update sources, that is install more sources, I eventually had about 30
    > sources which many were duplicates.

    There is a very slight security risk in trusting an extra person
    about where you will download executable code from. If you are
    a normal user don't worry about it. If you are a spy you should
    not trust any code that you download. (Technically, what you
    really care about is where you get the KEYS from, not the code.)

    Easy urpmi has more repositories to choose from.

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

+ Reply to Thread