Repositories - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Repositories - Mandriva ; Does Mandriva Live CD have Synaptic on it to access the Mandriva repositories? If not, how does one update the Live CD install? Deb...

  1. Repositories

    Does Mandriva Live CD have Synaptic on it to access the Mandriva
    repositories? If not, how does one update the Live CD install?

    Deb

  2. Re: Repositories

    I hate repositories. I'd much rather take pills.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  3. Re: Repositories

    Em Sexta, 23 de Novembro de 2007 21:16, Dr. Deb escreveu:

    > Does Mandriva Live CD have Synaptic on it to access the Mandriva
    > repositories? If not, how does one update the Live CD install?
    >

    > Deb

    mandriva has a kind of "windows control center" called "mandriva control
    center", having one section where you can install/upgrade/unistall
    packages. it also sets repositories for you, but if you think they are not
    good enought, check this out
    http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

    and shoose you repositories in this web page.

    regards

  4. Re: Repositories

    On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:18:40 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > I hate repositories. I'd much rather take pills.

    It is better to give than to receive ;-)

  5. Re: Repositories

    ArameFarpado wrote:

    > Em Sexta, 23 de Novembro de 2007 21:16, Dr. Deb escreveu:
    >

    >> Does Mandriva Live CD have Synaptic on it to access the Mandriva
    >> repositories? If not, how does one update the Live CD install?

    You do not want to update the liveCD install, as your memory is the place to
    hold the downloaded data - only, until the power is lost, of course, and
    you have to do it all over again.

    If you have run the installer to make a harddisk install out of the livecd,
    you can select from easyurpmi.zarb.org and run "urpmi.update" every now and
    then, followed by a "urpmi --auto-select" on the commandline.
    Or use Mandriva control center, section software.
    Linux 2.6.22.9-1mdvcustom [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

+ Reply to Thread