[Mandriva 2008] drakconf cannot be installed (due to unsatisfiedperl-base...) - Mandriva

This is a discussion on [Mandriva 2008] drakconf cannot be installed (due to unsatisfiedperl-base...) - Mandriva ; I've recently installed Mandriva 2008 on my Dell Precision laptop with dual core processor. I use urpmi to manage the rpm packages, and after some problem installing tetex (due to some conflict with freetype), I've uninstalled freetype (and lots of ...

  1. [Mandriva 2008] drakconf cannot be installed (due to unsatisfiedperl-base...)

    I've recently installed Mandriva 2008
    on my Dell Precision laptop with dual
    core processor.

    I use urpmi to manage the rpm packages,
    and after some problem installing tetex
    (due to some conflict with freetype), I've
    uninstalled freetype (and lots of drakconf-like
    packages).

    In this way, I've finally installed tetex,
    but now, as I try to reinstall drakconf,
    the following message is returned by urpmi:

    [root@localhost alessandro]# urpmi drakconf
    A requested package cannot be installed:
    userdrake-1.4-1mdv2008.0.i586 (due to unsatisfied perl-
    base-5.8.8-12mdv2008.0.i586)
    Continue installation anyway? (Y/n)

    and perl-base cannot be installed.

    Any idea about how to solve this problem?

  2. Re: [Mandriva 2008] drakconf cannot be installed (due to unsatisfiedperl-base...)

    Alessandro wrote:
    > [root@localhost alessandro]# urpmi drakconf
    > A requested package cannot be installed:
    > userdrake-1.4-1mdv2008.0.i586 (due to unsatisfied perl-
    > base-5.8.8-12mdv2008.0.i586)
    > Continue installation anyway? (Y/n)
    >
    > and perl-base cannot be installed.
    >
    > Any idea about how to solve this problem?

    What is the problem with perl-base ?

    What error message(s) do you get when you try to install it ?

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user-unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  3. Re: drakconf cannot be installed (due to unsatisfied perl-base...)

    On 21 Nov., 18:18, Jim Beard wrote:
    > What error message(s) do you get when you try to install it ?

    This is the result of my attempt::

    [root@localhost alessandro]# urpmi perl-base
    Packages perl-base-5.8.8-12mdv2008.0.i586, perl-
    base-5.8.8-12.1mdv2008.0.i586 can not be installed

    Bye,

    Alessandro

  4. Re: drakconf cannot be installed (due to unsatisfied perl-base...)

    Alessandro wrote:
    > On 21 Nov., 18:18, Jim Beard wrote:
    >> What error message(s) do you get when you try to install it ?

    > This is the result of my attempt::
    >
    > [root@localhost alessandro]# urpmi perl-base
    > Packages perl-base-5.8.8-12mdv2008.0.i586, perl-
    > base-5.8.8-12.1mdv2008.0.i586 can not be installed

    This is just a guess, but was perl among the packages
    you removed? If so, urpmi will not install the same
    version a second time.

    You will need to download the rpms. I would use ftp
    or more likely gftp. /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg will contain
    names of mirrors you can go to.

    Or, you might try urpmi --no-install packagenamehere
    This _might_ download the packages (or not -- I haven't
    tested it).

    From man urpmi:
    --no-install Only download packages, don't install them.
    After operation, you'll find them in /var/cache/urpmi/rpms.

    Once you have the packages downloaded, use
    rpm -iv --force packagenamehere

    man rpm for more information

    Cheers!

    jim b.
    --
    UNIX is not user-unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  5. Re: drakconf cannot be installed (due to unsatisfied perl-base...)

    On Nov 22, 9:25 am, Jim Beard wrote:

    > This is just a guess, but was perl among the packages
    > you removed? If so, urpmi will not install the same
    > version a second time.

    Your guess was right.

    I solved the problem.

    Thanks a lot,