trying thunderbird to do newsgroups - Mandriva

This is a discussion on trying thunderbird to do newsgroups - Mandriva ; >>> What's your problem using TB as a NG reader ? >>> You have a choice in downloading message heads or the complete messages >>> in 1 pass. What do you need more ? >>> To me the only minor ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: trying thunderbird to do newsgroups

    >>> What's your problem using TB as a NG reader ?
    >>> You have a choice in downloading message heads or the complete messages
    >>> in 1 pass. What do you need more ?
    >>> To me the only minor 'cosmetic' prob. is the American style of date
    >>> display ,11-21-07 instead of the (IMHO) more logical and hierarchical
    >>> 21-11-07.

    >> Not sure where the setting is but my Thunderbird has always displayed
    >> dates in the UK/Europe format (Day/Month/Year). You may want to have a
    >> look around the Preferences.

    > Actually, this may be in the KDE or Gnome settings.
    > KDE/KDE Control Center/Regional & Accessibility/Country-Region &
    > Language/Time & Dates has this setting. locale likewise can set
    > such things...

    ============================
    My KDE set Linux box has 24 hrs setting , now shows 17:02:50 Friday
    23.11.207 so that' how I like it.

    Frank

  2. Re: trying thunderbird to do newsgroups

    Highland Ham wrote:

    >>> Not sure where the setting is but my Thunderbird has always
    >>> displayed dates in the UK/Europe format (Day/Month/Year). You may
    >>> want to have a look around the Preferences.

    >> Actually, this may be in the KDE or Gnome settings.
    >> KDE/KDE Control Center/Regional & Accessibility/Country-Region &
    >> Language/Time & Dates has this setting. locale likewise can set
    >> such things...

    > My KDE set Linux box has 24 hrs setting , now shows 17:02:50 Friday
    > 23.11.207 so that' how I like it.
    >
    > Frank

    I prefer mine showing this year (2007)

    --