can the cmsg cancel be turned off - Mandriva

This is a discussion on can the cmsg cancel be turned off - Mandriva ; I am using PAN and get a lot of my panes filled up with this bleachbot messages canceling messages. Is there some way to turn it off. or is there a better emailer Thanks...

  1. can the cmsg cancel be turned off

    I am using PAN and get a lot of my panes
    filled up with this bleachbot messages canceling
    messages.

    Is there some way to turn it off.
    or is there a better emailer

    Thanks

  2. Re: can the cmsg cancel be turned off

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:34:52 +0000, Zoraster wrote:

    > I am using PAN and get a lot of my panes
    > filled up with this bleachbot messages canceling
    > messages.

    I can't tell whether you are complaining or boasting.

    > Is there some way to turn it off.

    Get a news server that filters cancel messages.

    > or is there a better emailer

    I find nearly anything is a better mail client than pan. In fact, even
    Blender is a better email client than pan. Pan makes quite a pleasant
    news client, though.

  3. Re: can the cmsg cancel be turned off

    > I find nearly anything is a better mail client than pan. In fact, even
    > Blender is a better email client than pan. Pan makes quite a pleasant
    > news client, though.

    sorry, I was doing two things at once

    I meant newsgroup reader, 8-)

  4. Re: can the cmsg cancel be turned off

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:45:59 +0100, Mark South wrote:

    > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:34:52 +0000, Zoraster wrote:
    >
    >> I am using PAN and get a lot of my panes
    >> filled up with this bleachbot messages canceling
    >> messages.

    what are those cmsg cancel messages anyway? spam that was killed?

  5. Re: can the cmsg cancel be turned off

    On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:34:52 +0000, Zoraster wrote:

    > I am using PAN and get a lot of my panes filled up with this bleachbot
    > messages canceling messages.
    >
    > Is there some way to turn it off.
    > or is there a better emailer

    Pan is a news reader, not intended for email. That aside, you should never
    see a properly submitted cmsg as all control messages are handled by the
    news server as a special control message. Besides, you can't cancel a
    newsgroup message once it's been sent to other servers and it's not likely
    any server will honor a cancel message anyway. Just as they won't honor a
    group remove message.

  6. Re: can the cmsg cancel be turned off

    Mark South wrote:

    > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:34:52 +0000, Zoraster wrote:
    >
    >> I am using PAN and get a lot of my panes
    >> filled up with this bleachbot messages canceling
    >> messages.

    > I can't tell whether you are complaining or boasting.
    >
    >> Is there some way to turn it off.

    > Get a news server that filters cancel messages.
    >
    >> or is there a better emailer

    > I find nearly anything is a better mail client than pan. In fact, even
    > Blender is a better email client than pan. Pan makes quite a pleasant
    > news client, though.

    Blender? The only one I know is the 3D graphics app.

    Doug.

  7. Re: can the cmsg cancel be turned off

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:36:05 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    >> I find nearly anything is a better mail client than pan. In fact, even
    >> Blender is a better email client than pan. Pan makes quite a pleasant
    >> news client, though.

    > Blender? The only one I know is the 3D graphics app.

    Yup, that'd be the one :-)

    To be clear, I don't think Pan is a good email client at all ;-)

  8. Re: can the cmsg cancel be turned off

    Zoraster wrote:

    >I am using PAN and get a lot of my panes
    >filled up with this bleachbot messages canceling
    >messages.

    Complain to your Internet Service Provider. They've messed up the
    configuration of their newsserver.

    --
    Dave Farrance

  9. Re: can the cmsg cancel be turned off

    Mark South wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:36:05 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
    >

    >>>I find nearly anything is a better mail client than pan. In fact, even
    >>>Blender is a better email client than pan. Pan makes quite a pleasant
    >>>news client, though.

    >>Blender? The only one I know is the 3D graphics app.

    > Yup, that'd be the one :-)
    >
    > To be clear, I don't think Pan is a good email client at all ;-)

    so, you didn't mean "What is green and white and goes red at the flick
    of a switch?"

  10. Re: can the cmsg cancel be turned off

    On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:23:24 +0000, Frank Peelo wrote:

    > Mark South wrote:

    >>>Blender? The only one I know is the 3D graphics app.

    >> Yup, that'd be the one :-)
    >>
    >> To be clear, I don't think Pan is a good email client at all ;-)

    > so, you didn't mean "What is green and white and goes red at the flick
    > of a switch?"

    That would be a physical blender in use, and we are talking the digital
    world here :-)

    I will share this with you though: my favourite physical blender video is
    the one from willitblend.com where they blended an iphone. Probably the
    best way to deal with spyware, really.

+ Reply to Thread