Printing to Windows 2003 or HP JetDirect - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Printing to Windows 2003 or HP JetDirect - Mandriva ; I have a HP PSC 1510 attached to an HP JetDirect 310+. I have a print queue set up on an Windows 2003 Server. I would like to print to the device through either channel. I thought that there was ...

  1. Printing to Windows 2003 or HP JetDirect

    I have a HP PSC 1510 attached to an HP JetDirect 310+. I have a print
    queue set up on an Windows 2003 Server. I would like to print to the
    device through either channel.

    I thought that there was a way to print, but I can't find it.

  2. Re: Printing to Windows 2003 or HP JetDirect

    George wrote:
    > I have a HP PSC 1510 attached to an HP JetDirect 310+. I have a print
    > queue set up on an Windows 2003 Server. I would like to print to the
    > device through either channel.
    >
    > I thought that there was a way to print, but I can't find it.

    cups - common UNIX printing system - comes with most distributions and
    can print directly to lots of printers. samba also comes with most
    distributions and can print/share files and printers with Windows.

    cups doesn't need the Windows box to be sitting in the middle, though.

  3. Re: Printing to Windows 2003 or HP JetDirect

    George wrote:
    > I have a HP PSC 1510 attached to an HP JetDirect 310+. I have a print
    > queue set up on an Windows 2003 Server. I would like to print to the
    > device through either channel.
    >
    > I thought that there was a way to print, but I can't find it.

    Tip: use the cups web interface.
    HP jetdirect will be automatically detected through broadcast, you only
    have to click 'add printer'.

    If you're trying to print from a gnome desktop, just use the printer
    settings under system, administration. It will also autodetect the
    jetdirect (since it uses cups).

    -R-

  4. Re: Printing to Windows 2003 or HP JetDirect

    Thanks. I saw CUPS, but didn't think it would interface with windows. I
    was able to print to both the JetDirect and to Windows print queues.

    "Allen Kistler" wrote in message
    news:xfw0j.1728$fl7.1285@newssvr22.news.prodigy.ne t...
    > George wrote:
    >> I have a HP PSC 1510 attached to an HP JetDirect 310+. I have a print
    >> queue set up on an Windows 2003 Server. I would like to print to the
    >> device through either channel.
    >>
    >> I thought that there was a way to print, but I can't find it.

    > cups - common UNIX printing system - comes with most distributions and
    > can print directly to lots of printers. samba also comes with most
    > distributions and can print/share files and printers with Windows.
    >
    > cups doesn't need the Windows box to be sitting in the middle, though.

+ Reply to Thread