software suspend give ng me trouble - Mandriva

This is a discussion on software suspend give ng me trouble - Mandriva ; after I installed lirc on my mdv 2008 box, I can't suspend to disk anymore, does anybody know where the files are to configure s2disk so it stops lirc then unloads the modules for it before sleeping then restarting them ...

  1. software suspend give ng me trouble

    after I installed lirc on my mdv 2008 box, I can't suspend to disk
    anymore, does anybody know where the files are to configure s2disk so it
    stops lirc then unloads the modules for it before sleeping then
    restarting them after wakeing up.??????

    tia

    diehard67

  2. Re: software suspend give ng me trouble

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:19:01 -0500, chris gareau wrote:

    > after I installed lirc on my mdv 2008 box, I can't suspend to disk
    > anymore, does anybody know where the files are to configure s2disk so it
    > stops lirc then unloads the modules for it before sleeping then
    > restarting them after wakeing up.??????

    Check out /usr/share/pm-utils/sleep.d

    Copy and modify one of the existing scripts.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: software suspend give ng me trouble

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:19:01 -0500, chris gareau wrote:
    >
    >> after I installed lirc on my mdv 2008 box, I can't suspend to disk
    >> anymore, does anybody know where the files are to configure s2disk so it
    >> stops lirc then unloads the modules for it before sleeping then
    >> restarting them after wakeing up.??????

    > Check out /usr/share/pm-utils/sleep.d
    >
    > Copy and modify one of the existing scripts.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    worked perfectly, now where do I chande the settings for the video
    script so I can try to get s2ram to work, both my computers have
    radeons.?????

  4. Re: software suspend give ng me trouble

    On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:25:17 -0500, chris gareau wrote:

    > worked perfectly, now where do I chande the settings for the video
    > script so I can try to get s2ram to work, both my computers have
    > radeons.?????

    Which video scripts, are you reffering to? What problems are you
    currently having, with suspend to ram?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins