mdv2008 Konqueror File Selection - Mandriva

This is a discussion on mdv2008 Konqueror File Selection - Mandriva ; Playing a hunch that this irritation is caused by something Mandriva (mis)configured so I'll ask here before I go to the kde group. Konqueror --> Edit --> Selection --> Broken!? I used to be able to highlight a file icon(s) ...

  1. mdv2008 Konqueror File Selection

    Playing a hunch that this irritation is caused by something Mandriva
    (mis)configured so I'll ask here before I go to the kde group.

    Konqueror --> Edit --> Selection --> Broken!?

    I used to be able to highlight a file icon(s) with the mouse-- left click
    on empty real estate drawing a boundary box to surround the suspect(s)--
    and then I chose "Invert Selection" to behold the selections I was
    _really_ going after... Think of it as a quick way to select "everything
    but these".

    Sadly the only time that the option is not grayed out is when
    either "Select All" is chosen or I have typed something into the "Select"
    popup. Kinda defeats the purpose.

    Can I get a witness? Any idea where this behavior is controlled?
    --
    The Man in the Yellow Hat
    Linux with a monkey, since 1996.

  2. Re: mdv2008 Konqueror File Selection

    Big Yellow Hats wrote:

    > Playing a hunch that this irritation is caused by something Mandriva
    > (mis)configured so I'll ask here before I go to the kde group.
    >
    > Konqueror --> Edit --> Selection --> Broken!?
    >
    > I used to be able to highlight a file icon(s) with the mouse-- left click
    > on empty real estate drawing a boundary box to surround the suspect(s)--
    > and then I chose "Invert Selection" to behold the selections I was
    > _really_ going after... Think of it as a quick way to select "everything
    > but these".
    >
    > Sadly the only time that the option is not grayed out is when
    > either "Select All" is chosen or I have typed something into the "Select"
    > popup. Kinda defeats the purpose.
    >
    > Can I get a witness? Any idea where this behavior is controlled?

    Mine behaves identically. "Invert Selection" is not grayed out if your
    selection is only one file. That is I believe the Windows way, but I can't
    be sure. KDE seems to be copying Windows in a lot of ways.

    What I do is to select all, then hold down and deselect what I want
    to keep.

    HTH,

    Doug.

  3. Re: mdv2008 Konqueror File Selection

    Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > Mine behaves identically. "Invert Selection" is not grayed out if your
    > selection is only one file. That is I believe the Windows way, but I
    > can't
    > be sure. KDE seems to be copying Windows in a lot of ways.

    Here everything works as it should. That is, I can select any number of
    files in any order I like and 'Selection/Invert' still works OK.

+ Reply to Thread