CUPS disabled - Mandriva

This is a discussion on CUPS disabled - Mandriva ; My office 2008.0 system had been working fine. Suddenly I lost access to our printers (all network printers) and then found the browser interface to CUPS on port 631 was inaccessible (cannot connect). I checked the obvious (and easy things) ...

  1. CUPS disabled

    My office 2008.0 system had been working fine. Suddenly I lost access to our
    printers (all network printers) and then found the browser interface to
    CUPS on port 631 was inaccessible (cannot connect). I checked the obvious
    (and easy things) first and finally the log. I spotted a reference to a
    possible corruption in a lib file. I uninstalled CUPS and wound down and
    rebooted for good measure. The browser still will not bring up
    localhost:631. I checking that CUPS was running by:

    [root@localhost alan]# /etc/init.d/cups restart
    Stopping CUPS printing system: [FAILED]
    Starting CUPS printing system: [ OK ]
    Re-enabling disabled print queues:
    Printer: Alan_6500
    enable: Unknown
    [root@localhost alan]#

    But I still cannot gain access. Advice please!

  2. Re: CUPS disabled

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:55:51 -0500, Alan Secker wrote:

    > rebooted for good measure. The browser still will not bring up
    > localhost:631. I checking that CUPS was running by:

    What is going to /var/log/cups/error_log.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins