checkinstall failling a lot on mdrv2008 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on checkinstall failling a lot on mdrv2008 - Mandriva ; Hi, I've found that checkinstall is failling on more packages than not these days, usually when the makefile is trying to set permissions on a file - and getting a file not found error. Anyone else noticed this or is ...

  1. checkinstall failling a lot on mdrv2008

    Hi, I've found that checkinstall is failling on more packages than not
    these days, usually when the makefile is trying to set permissions on a
    file - and getting a file not found error.
    Anyone else noticed this or is it just me!

    Lordy

  2. Re: checkinstall failling a lot on mdrv2008

    lordy wrote:

    > Hi, I've found that checkinstall is failling on more packages than not
    > these days, usually when the makefile is trying to set permissions on a
    > file - and getting a file not found error.
    > Anyone else noticed this or is it just me!
    >
    > Lordy

    You could post that to the checkinstall mailing list:
    checkinstall-list@asic-linux.com.mx The list is low volume, and is not a
    Mailman list; instructions for subscribing are on the Web site at that
    domain. I think that sending "subscribe" to the list is sufficient.

    The increased frequency could be due to the new specs for RPM. The old one
    would ignore missing files, the current spec does not. But that has been
    in for at least a couple of years now, and I don't see how it would matter
    unless the tarball included a specfile. Many do.

    HTH,

    Doug

+ Reply to Thread