can't find ndiswrapper interface - Mandriva

This is a discussion on can't find ndiswrapper interface - Mandriva ; What does this error message mean? -- Everybody's gotta price. No shame, it's all a game, just ask it nice.............

  1. can't find ndiswrapper interface

    What does this error message mean?

    --
    Everybody's gotta price. No shame, it's all a game, just ask it
    nice..........

  2. Re: can't find ndiswrapper interface

    Dallas wrote:

    > What does this error message mean?

    I have no idea, but there is a thread about this in the Mandriva Forum:

    http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic....ef6ffd120ba33c

    (that URL may not be complete: it was all that I could copy from my address
    bar)

    Love 'em or hate 'em, Google usually has the answers. It is rare to find
    that your problem hasn't arisen before somewhere. Except that in that
    thread, everyone seems to have the question. Not much comfort, except to
    assure you that you are not alone. The answer was to upgrade to Mandriva
    2007, which sounds a bit dated now.

    "just ask it nice.........." But do your homework first, and have a look at
    Smart Questions: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html - that
    is _really_ being nice. I suspect that these points are why you don't have
    an answer already. I got two posts answered within hours. Looking at that
    thread, you would need to state as a minimum, what version of Mandriva you
    are using, and what make/model of NIC. Also, where the error message
    popped up. Was it in the bootup messages? Was it when you ran a command,
    and if so, which?

    Doug.

    -

    Doug.