on boot I get /bin/usleep input/output error - Mandriva

This is a discussion on on boot I get /bin/usleep input/output error - Mandriva ; my 2007 system started having problems and I traced them to a dieing scsi drive. So I bought a brand new sata drive and figured I would try 08. Installation went off without a hitch, but upon reboot I get ...

  1. on boot I get /bin/usleep input/output error

    my 2007 system started having problems and I traced them to a dieing
    scsi drive. So I bought a brand new sata drive and figured I would try
    08. Installation went off without a hitch, but upon reboot I get a
    message about udev disabing irq 3 and then my screen fills with /bin/
    usleep input/output error. Anyone have any clues as to what this
    could be?

    Aaron

  2. Re: on boot I get /bin/usleep input/output error

    On Nov 12, 9:36 pm, Aaron wrote:
    > my 2007 system started having problems and I traced them to a dieing
    > scsi drive. So I bought a brand new sata drive and figured I would try
    > 08. Installation went off without a hitch, but upon reboot I get a
    > message about udev disabing irq 3 and then my screen fills with /bin/
    > usleep input/output error. Anyone have any clues as to what this
    > could be?
    >
    > Aaron

    If it helps any ubuntu boots from the cd fine and finds all the hard
    drives and is able to read/write to them.
    I had mandriva 07 and windows 2k installed on these drives before the
    scsi failure.

    Aaron

  3. Re: on boot I get /bin/usleep input/output error

    If it helps any ubuntu boots from the cd fine and finds all the hard
    > drives and is able to read/write to them.
    > I had mandriva 07 and windows 2k installed on these drives before the
    > scsi failure.

    ==================================
    With 'find all the hard drives' do you mean also external USB drives.

    It is my intention to install (K)Ubuntu on a 120GB USB HD attached to a
    laptop currently running with MDV2005LE

    However the BIOS of that laptop does not permit booting from a USB
    device , so I would like to see a dual boot MDV - Ubuntu using the MBR
    of the native HD.

    Question : Is this possible ? and if so is there any reference ?

    Frank

  4. Re: on boot I get /bin/usleep input/output error

    > ==================================
    > With 'find all the hard drives' do you mean also external USB drives.
    >
    > It is my intention to install (K)Ubuntu on a 120GB USB HD attached to a
    > laptop currently running with MDV2005LE
    >
    > However the BIOS of that laptop does not permit booting from a USB
    > device , so I would like to see a dual boot MDV - Ubuntu using the MBR
    > of the native HD.
    >
    > Question : Is this possible ? and if so is there any reference ?
    >
    > Frank

    I would think that would work if the boot loader was on the hard drive
    and pointed to a usb device. I've never tried it though and what I
    meant by seeing the drives is that ubuntu recognizes my sata, 2 scsi,
    and my ide hd's, all with linux and window partitions mixed in.

    Aaron

  5. Re: on boot I get /bin/usleep input/output error

    ok i removed my two scsi hd's and tied a clean install to the sata
    drive I'm still getting he same error just more information.
    I'm seeing an error that says mounting loopback files sytem failure /
    etc/fstab not accesible. From the looks of things it would appear that
    mandriva is having trouble reading my sata drive. I'm using an Asus
    a7v600-x motherboard it uses the via apolo kt-600 chipset with Sata 1
    my driv is a wd 160 gb sata II drive.

    Any ideas? Or do am I stuck re-installing windows?

    Aaron

  6. Re: on boot I get /bin/usleep input/output error

    hello?

  7. Re: on boot I get /bin/usleep input/output error

    On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:43:08 -0800 (PST), Aaron wrote:
    > hello?

    Sorry, I cannot help, mother board not the same, sata chip set not used,...

    Maybe joining the Mandraiva Club, free, and ask on ther forum might help.

  8. Re: on boot I get /bin/usleep input/output error

    On Nov 15, 10:45 am, Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:43:08 -0800 (PST), Aaron wrote:
    > > hello?

    > Sorry, I cannot help, mother board not the same, sata chip set not used,...
    >
    > Maybe joining the Mandraiva Club, free, and ask on ther forum might help.

    Many thanks Ranok from the Club forum told me this
    hit F2 and type
    acpi=off
    and i have a working box!

    Aaorn