Club Forum Inaccessible??? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Club Forum Inaccessible??? - Mandriva ; Today I tried to read an article in the club forum. But, I got this message instead of the article: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /var/www/web/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48 Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link ...

  1. Club Forum Inaccessible???

    Today I tried to read an article in the club forum. But, I got this
    message instead of the article:

    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /var/www/web/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

    Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/web/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

    Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /var/www/web/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
    phpBB : Critical Error

    Could not connect to the database

    That doesn't seem right. ;-)

    Show Windows & Gates to the exit door.

  2. Re: Club Forum Inaccessible???

    On 12 Nov at 15:49 nobody@tek.com (Kevin the Drummer) wrote in message

    > Today I tried to read an article in the club forum. But, I got this
    > message instead of the article:
    >
    > Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in
    > /var/www/web/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48
    >
    > Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link
    > resource in /var/www/web/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330
    >
    > Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link
    > resource in /var/www/web/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331 phpBB : Critical
    > Error
    >
    > Could not connect to the database
    >

    > That doesn't seem right. ;-)

    Well, it's not a very gracefully handled failure, but it simply means that
    too many database handles are being requested from the database; no doubt
    because too many people are trying to use it.

    A misfeature of phpBB, by the looks of it.

    A case of Try Again Later, I guess.

    --
    Tony van der Hoff | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
    Buckinghamshire, England

  3. Re: Club Forum Inaccessible???

    Tony van der Hoff wrote:
    > On 12 Nov at 15:49 nobody@tek.com (Kevin the Drummer) wrote in message
    >

    > > Today I tried to read an article in the club forum. But, I got this
    > > message instead of the article:
    > >
    > > Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in
    > > /var/www/web/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48
    > >
    > > Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link
    > > resource in /var/www/web/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330
    > >
    > > Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link
    > > resource in /var/www/web/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331 phpBB : Critical
    > > Error
    > >
    > > Could not connect to the database
    > >

    > > That doesn't seem right. ;-)

    > Well, it's not a very gracefully handled failure, but it simply means that
    > too many database handles are being requested from the database; no doubt
    > because too many people are trying to use it.
    >
    > A misfeature of phpBB, by the looks of it.
    >
    > A case of Try Again Later, I guess.

    Yes, it works later.

    Show Windows & Gates to the exit door.