MD2008 free 32 bit k3b verify failues - Mandriva

This is a discussion on MD2008 free 32 bit k3b verify failues - Mandriva ; Has anyone verified an iso burn on Mandriva 2008 free 32 bit using k3b. Tried 185mb pocket cd, 700MB cd, and dvd. All updates installed. Erased and tried again. Verify still failed. Same media/drive on 2007 works....

  1. MD2008 free 32 bit k3b verify failues

    Has anyone verified an iso burn on Mandriva 2008 free 32 bit
    using k3b. Tried 185mb pocket cd, 700MB cd, and dvd.
    All updates installed.

    Erased and tried again. Verify still failed.
    Same media/drive on 2007 works.

  2. Re: MD2008 free 32 bit k3b verify failues

    Quoth Bit Twister :

    > Has anyone verified an iso burn on Mandriva 2008 free 32 bit
    > using k3b. Tried 185mb pocket cd, 700MB cd, and dvd.
    > All updates installed.
    >
    > Erased and tried again. Verify still failed.
    > Same media/drive on 2007 works.

    If we are talking about the "Verify written data" checkbox, I have just met
    with iso burn success with non-RW media (plain ol 700MB CD-R). There was
    a brief delay (10-15 sec.) after the drive spit out and then reloaded the
    freshly burnt disc. K3B reported that it was checking track 1 but no
    progress bars, then it seemed to reset (redraw?) and proceeded to check
    track 1 all the way to completion.

    I'm happy to post any config files for comparison, just lemme know what ya
    wanna see.
    --
    The Man in the Yellow Hat
    Linux with a monkey, since 1996.

  3. Re: MD2008 free 32 bit k3b verify failues

    On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:46:43 GMT, Big Yellow Hats wrote:

    > If we are talking about the "Verify written data" checkbox,

    Yep.

    > I have just met
    > with iso burn success with non-RW media (plain ol 700MB CD-R). There was
    > a brief delay (10-15 sec.) after the drive spit out and then reloaded the
    > freshly burnt disc. K3B reported that it was checking track 1 but no
    > progress bars, then it seemed to reset (redraw?) and proceeded to check
    > track 1 all the way to completion.
    >
    > I'm happy to post any config files for comparison, just lemme know what ya
    > wanna see.

    Well, that blows that theory. I also tried 700MB CDR-R which failed verify.
    I also ran a script to pull the burnt iso back to disk and md5sum checked
    the original iso's md5sum.

    I used same failed CDR-RW and iso on Kubuntu on same system and k3b had no
    problem. Kubuntu k3b is a higher release level.
    Booted back to 2008, same CDR-RW and iso failed verify, pulled the
    burnt iso back to disk and md5sum checked again.

+ Reply to Thread