2007 spring kernel update can't load nvidia driver - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2007 spring kernel update can't load nvidia driver - Mandriva ; I just applied the update to verions 2.6.17-16mdv of the kernel but I can't for the life of me get the nvidia driver to load. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all the nvidia packages and run through the "setup graphical server" ...

  1. 2007 spring kernel update can't load nvidia driver

    I just applied the update to verions 2.6.17-16mdv of the kernel but I
    can't for the life of me get the nvidia driver to load. I've uninstalled
    and reinstalled all the nvidia packages and run through the "setup
    graphical server" wizard in mcc but it's not working. I've installed
    kernel-source-stripped-2.6.17.16 also.

    Any ideas on how to debug this?

    Thanks

    Lionel.

  2. Re: 2007 spring kernel update can't load nvidia driver

    Lionel van den Berg wrote:
    > I just applied the update to verions 2.6.17-16mdv of the kernel but I
    > can't for the life of me get the nvidia driver to load. I've uninstalled
    > and reinstalled all the nvidia packages and run through the "setup
    > graphical server" wizard in mcc but it's not working. I've installed
    > kernel-source-stripped-2.6.17.16 also.

    My bad. I posted one reboot too early. After installing kernel-source it
    is necessary to reboot at which time the nvidia module is rebuilt.

    now to get kqemu working again.

+ Reply to Thread