Club subscriptions - your answer, Bill. - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Club subscriptions - your answer, Bill. - Mandriva ; From the Club page: "I am a paid member of the Club. What will happen to my Club membership after the new Powerpack subscription service is launched?" "Standard members: Your Standard membership becomes a Powerpack subscription. If you had 50 ...

  1. Club subscriptions - your answer, Bill.

    From the Club page:

    "I am a paid member of the Club. What will happen to my Club membership
    after the new Powerpack subscription service is launched?"

    "Standard members: Your Standard membership becomes a Powerpack
    subscription. If you had 50 days left of Standard membership left, you have
    now 50 days of Powerpack subscription left. Silver members: Your Silver
    membership is converted to a Powerpack subscription but you now have twice
    as much time remaining. If you had 50 days left of Silver membership left,
    you have now 100 days of Powerpack subscription left. Gold and Platinum
    members: please contact us to arrange a plan to convert your membership to
    the new system."

    In future, it seems, there will be no paid memberships, only a subscription
    to Powerpack. And no Discovery edition. I have often thought that the
    package list for Discovery would cover my needs, but only PWP was available
    here from resellers.

    I am a Silver member with 66 days left. That means I now have 132 days to
    complete my PWP download. After that I have to take out a subscription at
    49 euros (59 USD) or approximately 65 AUD at current rates. For Silver
    Membership, I paid from memory about twice that, when the rate of exchange
    was less favourable. There is no mention of what happens to the Club
    Commercial repository, which includes Java. Java has no cost anyway, it is
    simply under a commercial licence.

    Doug.

    ;

  2. Re: Club subscriptions - your answer, Bill.

    Op donderdag 18-10-2007 om 11:35 uur [tijdzone +1000], schreef Doug
    Laidlaw:

    > was less favourable. There is no mention of what happens to the Club
    > Commercial repository, which includes Java. Java has no cost anyway, it is
    > simply under a commercial licence.

    Non-free software will be available from the non-free repositories on
    the mirrors to anyone who wants it.

    --
    Reinout van Schouwen
    http://vanschouwen.info/

    Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > From the Club page:
    >
    > "I am a paid member of the Club. What will happen to my Club membership
    > after the new Powerpack subscription service is launched?"
    >
    > "Standard members: Your Standard membership becomes a Powerpack
    > subscription. If you had 50 days left of Standard membership left, you
    > have now 50 days of Powerpack subscription left. Silver members: Your
    > Silver membership is converted to a Powerpack subscription but you now
    > have twice as much time remaining. If you had 50 days left of Silver
    > membership left, you have now 100 days of Powerpack subscription left.
    > Gold and Platinum members: please contact us to arrange a plan to convert
    > your membership to the new system."
    >
    > In future, it seems, there will be no paid memberships, only a
    > subscription
    > to Powerpack. And no Discovery edition. I have often thought that the
    > package list for Discovery would cover my needs, but only PWP was
    > available here from resellers.
    >
    > I am a Silver member with 66 days left. That means I now have 132 days to
    > complete my PWP download. After that I have to take out a subscription at
    > 49 euros (59 USD) or approximately 65 AUD at current rates. For Silver
    > Membership, I paid from memory about twice that, when the rate of exchange
    > was less favourable. There is no mention of what happens to the Club
    > Commercial repository, which includes Java. Java has no cost anyway, it
    > is simply under a commercial licence.
    >
    > Doug.

    Before the release of 2008.0, I could easily see the number of days left in
    my silver club membership. Now I can't find this number anymore. Anyone
    knows how?

+ Reply to Thread