where did the kicker allpit for showing cpu temp and speed go - Mandriva

This is a discussion on where did the kicker allpit for showing cpu temp and speed go - Mandriva ; ok I had this neat applit in 2006.0 2007.0 2007.1 that showed me how hot my cpu was and how fast it was running at any given time, where did this go, I can't find it in the urpmi reposerties....

  1. where did the kicker allpit for showing cpu temp and speed go

    ok I had this neat applit in 2006.0 2007.0 2007.1 that showed me how hot
    my cpu was and how fast it was running at any given time, where did this
    go, I can't find it in the urpmi reposerties.

  2. Re: where did the kicker allpit for showing cpu temp and speed go

    On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 00:59:09 -0400, chris gareau wrote:

    > ok I had this neat applit in 2006.0 2007.0 2007.1 that showed me how hot
    > my cpu was and how fast it was running at any given time, where did this
    > go, I can't find it in the urpmi reposerties.

    Right click on the kicker bar, select "Panel menu".
    Select "Add Applet to Panel". Select either "System Monitor",
    or "System Guard", as desired, and then "Add to panel".

    You may also be thinking of the application "kpowersave", which
    shows you the current cpu frequency, and allows you to change
    it to Performance, Dynamic, or Powersave, as well as providing
    options for suspend to disk, etc. Use Alt+f2, and enter
    kpowersave, to run it.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: where did the kicker allpit for showing cpu temp and speed go

    chris gareau wrote:
    > ok I had this neat applit in 2006.0 2007.0 2007.1 that showed me how hot
    > my cpu was and how fast it was running at any given time, where did this
    > go, I can't find it in the urpmi reposerties.

    Would it be smartmontools-5.37-2mdv2008.0.i586.rpm you are looking for?

    Using gftp, I went to ftp.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu and looked around a bit.
    After the symbolic links resolved, I had the first line below in the Host
    box of gftp, and the working directory was the second line. I got there
    by starting in pub and working my way down, not direct. YMMV.

    ftp.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu
    /nv/ao2/lxmirror/ftp.linux-mandrake.com/official/2008.0/i586/media/main/release

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user-unfriendly; it merely