2008.0 x64 problem - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2008.0 x64 problem - Mandriva ; When I install 2008.0 either i586 or x64 version, other machine can't even see or ping it. Are this is a bug that Mandriva will fixed or how do i fix it on my own. Are Mandriva fix x64 mirror ...

  1. 2008.0 x64 problem

    When I install 2008.0 either i586 or x64 version, other machine can't
    even see or ping it. Are this is a bug that Mandriva will fixed or how
    do i fix it on my own.

    Are Mandriva fix x64 mirror tree yet?

  2. Re: 2008.0 x64 problem

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:10:24 GMT, Luan Pham wrote:
    > When I install 2008.0 either i586 or x64 version, other machine can't
    > even see or ping it.

    Usually caused because your install firewall is blocking echo (ping).

    > Are this is a bug that Mandriva will fixed

    Works on my machine.

    $ hostname
    wb.home.invalid

    $ cat /etc/release

    # chkconfig --list shorewall
    shorewall 0ff 1ff 2n 3n 4n 5n 6ff

    $ hostname
    m2008.home.invalid

    $ ping -c1 wb.home.invalid
    PING wb.home.invalid (192.168.1.130) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from wb.home.invalid (192.168.1.130): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.175 ms

    --- wb.home.invalid ping statistics ---
    1 packets transmitted, 1 received, 0% packet loss, time 0ms

    > or how do i fix it on my own.

    Tools --> System Tools --> Configure Your Computer --> Security
    --> Set up your personal firewall

  3. Re: 2008.0 x64 problem

    Luan Pham writes:

    >When I install 2008.0 either i586 or x64 version, other machine can't
    >even see or ping it. Are this is a bug that Mandriva will fixed or how
    >do i fix it on my own.

    No idea what you mean. What did you try? Do you have networking running on
    your system? Did you set up its IP address etc? Tell us what the problem is
    in more specifics

    >Are Mandriva fix x64 mirror tree yet?

    What was the problem?

  4. Re: 2008.0 x64 problem

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:10:17 +0000, Unruh wrote:

    > No idea what you mean. What did you try? Do you have networking running
    > on your system? Did you set up its IP address etc? Tell us what the
    > problem is in more specifics

    Yet I setup with both IP and DHCP, and either way I could not ping from
    other PC. I have no problem with this before, until I install 2008.0.
    My Samba server broken. I had read something to do with Kernel in
    MDV2008.0

    Last night I reinstall 2007.1 and have to problem to ping from other
    machine.

  5. Re: 2008.0 x64 problem

    Luan Pham wrote:
    > When I install 2008.0 either i586 or x64 version, other machine can't
    > even see or ping it. Are this is a bug that Mandriva will fixed or how
    > do i fix it on my own.
    >
    > Are Mandriva fix x64 mirror tree yet?

    There was something in one of these links about network services being
    turned off by default for security reasons, and the need for the user to
    turn them on. I'd look and find the ref for you, but I'm in a hurry
    right now.

    http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/v.../2008_released

    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases...va/2008.0/Tour

    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases...a/2008.0/Notes