2008 live with dual monitors and 3d works - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2008 live with dual monitors and 3d works - Mandriva ; It took some minor configuring, but Compiz with the provided KDE works well with dual monitors. The spinning desktop on twin 19" Widescreen LCD's is pretty neat. Seems to want to hang at random times though and the Compiz configuration ...

  1. 2008 live with dual monitors and 3d works

    It took some minor configuring, but Compiz with the provided KDE works
    well with dual monitors. The spinning desktop on twin 19" Widescreen
    LCD's is pretty neat. Seems to want to hang at random times though and
    the Compiz configuration window won't load. Fool around with it later.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

  2. Re: 2008 live with dual monitors and 3d works

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 01:39:14 +0000, JTJersey wrote:

    > It took some minor configuring, but Compiz with the provided KDE works
    > well with dual monitors. The spinning desktop on twin 19" Widescreen
    > LCD's is pretty neat. Seems to want to hang at random times though and
    > the Compiz configuration window won't load. Fool around with it later.

    Works in Gnome as well. May be something to this version.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

  3. Re: 2008 live with dual monitors and 3d works

    On Oct 15, 3:13 pm, JTJersey wrote:
    > On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 01:39:14 +0000, JTJersey wrote:
    > > It took some minor configuring, but Compiz with the provided KDE works
    > > well with dual monitors. The spinning desktop on twin 19" Widescreen
    > > LCD's is pretty neat. Seems to want to hang at random times though and
    > > the Compiz configuration window won't load. Fool around with it later.

    > Works in Gnome as well. May be something to this version.

    Normally in this neighborhood, you'd want to tell us what kind of
    video card you have, so the others may know what their HW is capable
    of, or whether they need to upgrade, and that this Release supports
    the eye-candy =)

  4. Re: 2008 live with dual monitors and 3d works

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:07:24 -0700, shedied wrote:

    > On Oct 15, 3:13 pm, JTJersey wrote:
    >> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 01:39:14 +0000, JTJersey wrote:
    >> > It took some minor configuring, but Compiz with the provided KDE
    >> > works well with dual monitors. The spinning desktop on twin 19"
    >> > Widescreen LCD's is pretty neat. Seems to want to hang at random
    >> > times though and the Compiz configuration window won't load. Fool
    >> > around with it later.

    >> Works in Gnome as well. May be something to this version.

    > Normally in this neighborhood, you'd want to tell us what kind of video
    > card you have, so the others may know what their HW is capable of, or
    > whether they need to upgrade, and that this Release supports the
    > eye-candy =)

    Of course, my apologies for the oversight. I don't know if this
    configuration is necessary to get the 3D to work, but I'm running a
    Pentium D 3.2 DualCore CPU @ 800Mhz FSB with 2Gig of DDR2 Memory and a
    512Mb XFX Nvidia GeForce FX7600 PCIe graphics card with the Mandriva
    default drivers.

    This system is currently running Mandriva 2007 Spring. The 3D will work,
    but not with the twin Hanns-G 19" Widescreen LCD's that are currently
    hooked to it. What impressed me was that the 2008 3D effects seem to
    have overcome that problem.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

+ Reply to Thread