Mandriva club-- is it defunct? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Mandriva club-- is it defunct? - Mandriva ; What has happened to the Mandriva club? It used to be when I logged on it told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply states that I am a club member. And nowhere do ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    What has happened to the Mandriva club? It used to be when I logged on it
    told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply states that
    I am a club member. And nowhere do I see anything WRT different levels of
    club membership. In fact there seems to be a little icon that states that
    club membership is free.
    Is this correct? Has mandriva abandoned the club? Is it now just a feelgood
    organization? What is the status of the club?

  2. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    Unruh wrote:

    > What has happened to the Mandriva club? It used to be when I logged on it
    > told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply states that
    > I am a club member. And nowhere do I see anything WRT different levels of
    > club membership. In fact there seems to be a little icon that states that
    > club membership is free.
    > Is this correct? Has mandriva abandoned the club? Is it now just a feelgood
    > organization? What is the status of the club?

    From what I've heard so far:

    The club is still there. They've made it available to everyone at no
    fee.

    Mandriva will still be offering early versions of their commercial software
    to members who pay a yearly fee for download privileges. So for instance a
    basic membership is free.. But if you want to continue downloading the
    Mandriva Power Pack, you need to pay for a "Power Pack membership".

    http://store.mandriva.com/product_in...products_id=73

    I dunno why they took this route, but it will be announced soon.

  3. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    Jim Townsend wrote:

    > Unruh wrote:
    >
    >> What has happened to the Mandriva club? It used to be when I logged on it
    >> told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply states
    >> that I am a club member. And nowhere do I see anything WRT different
    >> levels of club membership. In fact there seems to be a little icon that
    >> states that club membership is free.
    >> Is this correct? Has mandriva abandoned the club? Is it now just a
    >> feelgood organization? What is the status of the club?

    > From what I've heard so far:
    >
    > The club is still there. They've made it available to everyone at no
    > fee.
    >
    > Mandriva will still be offering early versions of their commercial
    > software
    > to members who pay a yearly fee for download privileges. So for instance
    > basic membership is free.. But if you want to continue downloading the
    > Mandriva Power Pack, you need to pay for a "Power Pack membership".
    >
    > http://store.mandriva.com/product_in...products_id=73
    >
    > I dunno why they took this route, but it will be announced soon.

    i think it was to get more people around them. a very good move.
    sell the powerpacks like befoe and invite everyody else to the
    party.

    --
    Love is all u need

  4. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:39:57 -0500, Jim Townsend wrote:

    > Mandriva will still be offering early versions of their commercial software
    > to members who pay a yearly fee for download privileges. So for instance a
    > basic membership is free.. But if you want to continue downloading the
    > Mandriva Power Pack, you need to pay for a "Power Pack membership".
    >
    > I dunno why they took this route, but it will be announced soon.

    They took this route because they're going under, and it's a last-gasp
    effort to save a sinking ship. Sad, but true.

  5. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    Dan C wrote:

    [ ... ]

    > They took this route because they're going under, and it's a last-gasp
    > effort to save a sinking ship. Sad, but true.

    Surely not. I do hope this is not the trajectory.
    Mandriva have tremendous good will amongst its user base.

    Can anyone advise what is the preferred method for
    contributing funds to the Mandriva core outfit ?

  6. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 21:58:42 -0500, patrickdarcy
    wrote:

    >i think it was to get more people around them. a very good move.
    >sell the powerpacks like befoe and invite everyody else to the
    >party.

    Too bad they decided that this was the correct way AFTER having fired
    Joël, since it was the track he was thinking the right one, and they
    fired him because they had an opposite view (amongst other
    considerations, one of them being probably dirty matter of power and
    influence inside the company). Now, finally, they discovered that the
    initial spirit of Mdk was the right one ???

    In fact, this story of firing the foudator of Mdk did not made a good
    publicity to Mdv, it was a very bad (and dirty) move and they paid it
    very expensive.

    --
    Regards,
    Sebas

  7. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:14:37 +1300, Adam wrote:

    >> They took this route because they're going under, and it's a last-gasp
    >> effort to save a sinking ship. Sad, but true.

    > Surely not. I do hope this is not the trajectory.
    > Mandriva have tremendous good will amongst its user base.

    It may well have good will amongst its user base. The problem is that
    "good will" doesn't pay any bills, and the user base is shrinking at a
    rapid rate. My guess is that the success of Ubuntu and PCLinuxOS have had
    a quite negative effect on Mandriva, and I don't see that changing any
    time soon.

  8. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:22:53 +0000, Unruh wrote:

    > What has happened to the Mandriva club? It used to be when I logged on
    > it told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply
    > states that I am a club member. And nowhere do I see anything WRT
    > different levels of club membership. In fact there seems to be a little
    > icon that states that club membership is free. Is this correct? Has
    > mandriva abandoned the club? Is it now just a feelgood organization?
    > What is the status of the club?

    There no longer is a link to the forums on logging in are they dead too?

  9. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    sebas22 wrote:

    > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 21:58:42 -0500, patrickdarcy
    > wrote:
    >
    >>i think it was to get more people around them. a very good move.
    >>sell the powerpacks like befoe and invite everyody else to the
    >>party.

    > Too bad they decided that this was the correct way AFTER having fired
    > Joël, since it was the track he was thinking the right one, and they
    > fired him because they had an opposite view (amongst other
    > considerations, one of them being probably dirty matter of power and
    > influence inside the company). Now, finally, they discovered that the
    > initial spirit of Mdk was the right one ???
    >
    > In fact, this story of firing the foudator of Mdk did not made a good
    > publicity to Mdv, it was a very bad (and dirty) move and they paid it
    > very expensive.

    The Club repository is still in the 2008 Setup.

    A company which was under Official Management (Aussie term - like the first
    arrangement of SCO) needs to look at its profitability. Mandriva seems to
    be following Red Hat's path, and from a commercial point of view I can't
    blame them. Will we eventually see another Fedora-like arrangement?

    Doug.

  10. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    On 2007-10-10, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
    > sebas22 wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 21:58:42 -0500, patrickdarcy
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>i think it was to get more people around them. a very good move.
    >>>sell the powerpacks like befoe and invite everyody else to the
    >>>party.

    >> Too bad they decided that this was the correct way AFTER having fired
    >> Jol, since it was the track he was thinking the right one, and they
    >> fired him because they had an opposite view (amongst other
    >> considerations, one of them being probably dirty matter of power and
    >> influence inside the company). Now, finally, they discovered that the
    >> initial spirit of Mdk was the right one ???
    >>
    >> In fact, this story of firing the foudator of Mdk did not made a good
    >> publicity to Mdv, it was a very bad (and dirty) move and they paid it
    >> very expensive.
    >>

    > The Club repository is still in the 2008 Setup.
    >
    > A company which was under Official Management (Aussie term - like the first
    > arrangement of SCO) needs to look at its profitability. Mandriva seems to
    > be following Red Hat's path, and from a commercial point of view I can't
    > blame them. Will we eventually see another Fedora-like arrangement?

    Some might see that kind of arrangement, but I won't!

    If Mandriva management decides to follow HatRed by splitting
    to a commercial version with licensing terms such as "You
    may only install on _ONE_ machine without paying us an extra
    fee _PER_ machine..." and a free-of-charge version that is
    essentially a beta testing ground for the commercial
    version, I will bail at least as quickly as I bailed out of
    HatRed.

    (I don't mind paying up to around US$100 per year for access
    to updated packages and such, as long as I can install on
    multiple machines and share with friends. I am (or at least
    have been) a paying Club member, but I plan to download only
    the "Free" version of 2008, mostly because PowerPack is
    simply too big. And, yes, some third-party packages like
    Acroread have issues that have to be worked around.)

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  11. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    On 2007-10-10, Philip Jones wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:22:53 +0000, Unruh wrote:
    >
    >> What has happened to the Mandriva club? It used to be when I logged on
    >> it told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply
    >> states that I am a club member. And nowhere do I see anything WRT
    >> different levels of club membership. In fact there seems to be a little
    >> icon that states that club membership is free. Is this correct? Has
    >> mandriva abandoned the club? Is it now just a feelgood organization?
    >> What is the status of the club?

    > There no longer is a link to the forums on logging in are they dead too?

    - I found that from the
    'site map'; presumably the various 'links' are still in process of being
    repaired following the recent complete re-design of the whole site. It
    was certainly a bad idea to change the site layout and 'club' at the same
    time as the release of a new major version!

    I've also stumbled across:-

    ..-----
    | Mandriva Club
    |
    | Where is the Club?
    |
    | The Club is dead, long live the Club!
    |
    | The old Club was a mixture of commercial services (including downloads of
    | commercial Mandriva editions) and a community site. The commercial side
    | has now been split out into a standalone subscription service which allows
    | you to download the Powerpack edition of two Mandriva Linux distributions
    | per year at a single fixed price, while the Club is now simply the
    | community of Mandriva users, with no paid memberships: access is free to
    | all.
    |
    | Just register at https://my.mandriva.com and you get access to all the
    | free community services:
    |
    | [...]
    '-----

    That article goes on to explain "What advantage does this change bring,
    apart from the new Powerpack subscription prices?" and "Where do I renew
    my Standard / Silver / Gold membership?" and

    ..-----

    '-----

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  12. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    "Robert M. Riches Jr." writes:

    >On 2007-10-10, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
    >> sebas22 wrote:

    >>> Too bad they decided that this was the correct way AFTER having fired
    >>> Jol, since it was the track he was thinking the right one, and they
    >>> fired him because they had an opposite view (amongst other
    >>> considerations, one of them being probably dirty matter of power and
    >>> influence inside the company). Now, finally, they discovered that the
    >>> initial spirit of Mdk was the right one ???
    >>>
    >>> In fact, this story of firing the foudator of Mdk did not made a good
    >>> publicity to Mdv, it was a very bad (and dirty) move and they paid it
    >>> very expensive.
    >>>

    >> The Club repository is still in the 2008 Setup.
    >>
    >> A company which was under Official Management (Aussie term - like the first
    >> arrangement of SCO) needs to look at its profitability. Mandriva seems to
    >> be following Red Hat's path, and from a commercial point of view I can't
    >> blame them. Will we eventually see another Fedora-like arrangement?

    >Some might see that kind of arrangement, but I won't!

    >If Mandriva management decides to follow HatRed by splitting
    >to a commercial version with licensing terms such as "You
    >may only install on _ONE_ machine without paying us an extra
    >fee _PER_ machine..." and a free-of-charge version that is
    >essentially a beta testing ground for the commercial
    >version, I will bail at least as quickly as I bailed out of
    >HatRed.

    No, IF that were their license it would be unenforceable. Their license
    actually is to be interpreted as stating that you can only get support for
    one machine. There is no way under the GPL that they could enforce an
    interpretatin like you stated, and they explicitly state that their
    distribution (Not only the packages) are under the GPL.

    Their attempts to restrict redistribution based on trademark issues is IMHO
    also illegal under the GPL.

    >(I don't mind paying up to around US$100 per year for access
    >to updated packages and such, as long as I can install on
    >multiple machines and share with friends. I am (or at least
    >have been) a paying Club member, but I plan to download only
    >the "Free" version of 2008, mostly because PowerPack is
    >simply too big. And, yes, some third-party packages like
    >Acroread have issues that have to be worked around.)

    >--
    >Robert Riches
    >spamtrap42@verizon.net
    >(Yes, that is one of my email addresses.)

  13. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    Whiskers writes:

    >On 2007-10-10, Philip Jones wrote:
    >> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:22:53 +0000, Unruh wrote:
    >>
    >>> What has happened to the Mandriva club? It used to be when I logged on
    >>> it told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply
    >>> states that I am a club member. And nowhere do I see anything WRT
    >>> different levels of club membership. In fact there seems to be a little
    >>> icon that states that club membership is free. Is this correct? Has
    >>> mandriva abandoned the club? Is it now just a feelgood organization?
    >>> What is the status of the club?

    >> There no longer is a link to the forums on logging in are they dead too?

    > - I found that from the
    >'site map'; presumably the various 'links' are still in process of being
    >repaired following the recent complete re-design of the whole site. It
    >was certainly a bad idea to change the site layout and 'club' at the same
    >time as the release of a new major version!

    >I've also stumbled across:-

    >.-----
    >| Mandriva Club
    >|
    >| Where is the Club?
    >|
    >| The Club is dead, long live the Club!
    >|
    >| The old Club was a mixture of commercial services (including downloads of
    >| commercial Mandriva editions) and a community site. The commercial side
    >| has now been split out into a standalone subscription service which allows
    >| you to download the Powerpack edition of two Mandriva Linux distributions
    >| per year at a single fixed price, while the Club is now simply the
    >| community of Mandriva users, with no paid memberships: access is free to
    >| all.
    >|
    >| Just register at https://my.mandriva.com and you get access to all the
    >| free community services:
    >|
    >| [...]
    >'-----

    I assume that those of us who were paid up club members have been enrolled
    as the new powerpack club ( or whatever it is called) members-- since I
    have paid my dues. I note that I am given access to download the pwp
    versions, but nowhere is it indicted that I am a powerpack member or how
    much time is left on my subscription.

    >That article goes on to explain "What advantage does this change bring,
    >apart from the new Powerpack subscription prices?" and "Where do I renew
    >my Standard / Silver / Gold membership?" and

    >.-----
    >| Where can I renew my monthly payment membership? What happens to monthly
    >| payments?
    >|
    >| Monthly payments are no longer available. We have stopped debiting users
    >| who were previously on a monthly subscription. The new subscription
    >| service is a lot cheaper than the previous Silver membership, while
    >| providing the same services. However, unfortunately this means we can't
    >| maintain the monthly payment system, as it wouldn't be commercially
    >| viable. Because of banking fees, we would end up charging substantially
    >| more for the monthly payment than for the subscription. This is the same
    >| reason monthly payment was not available for Standard memberships under
    >| the old system. We hope that users who previously held a monthly payment
    >| subscription will not have any trouble in finding the smaller annual fee
    >| for the new Powerpack subscription service.
    >|
    >| I am a paid member of the Club. What will happen to my Club membership
    >| after the new Powerpack subscription service is launched?
    >|
    >| Standard members: Your Standard membership becomes a Powerpack
    >| subscription. If you had 50 days left of Standard membership left, you
    >| have now 50 days of Powerpack subscription left. Silver members: Your
    >| Silver membership is converted to a Powerpack subscription but you now
    >| have twice as much time remaining. If you had 50 days left of Silver
    >| membership left, you have now 100 days of Powerpack subscription left.
    >| Gold and Platinum members: please contact us to arrange a plan to convert
    >| your membership to the new system.
    >'-----

    >--
    >-- ^^^^^^^^^^
    >-- Whiskers
    >-- ~~~~~~~~~~

  14. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    On 2007-10-11, Unruh wrote:
    > Whiskers writes:
    >>On 2007-10-10, Philip Jones wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:22:53 +0000, Unruh wrote:

    [...]

    >>.-----
    >>| Mandriva Club
    >>|
    >>| Where is the Club?
    >>|
    >>| The Club is dead, long live the Club!
    >>|
    >>| The old Club was a mixture of commercial services (including downloads of
    >>| commercial Mandriva editions) and a community site. The commercial side
    >>| has now been split out into a standalone subscription service which allows
    >>| you to download the Powerpack edition of two Mandriva Linux distributions
    >>| per year at a single fixed price, while the Club is now simply the
    >>| community of Mandriva users, with no paid memberships: access is free to
    >>| all.
    >>|
    >>| Just register at https://my.mandriva.com and you get access to all the
    >>| free community services:
    >>|
    >>| [...]
    >>'-----

    > I assume that those of us who were paid up club members have been enrolled
    > as the new powerpack club ( or whatever it is called) members-- since I
    > have paid my dues. I note that I am given access to download the pwp
    > versions, but nowhere is it indicted that I am a powerpack member or how
    > much time is left on my subscription.

    Read on ...

    >>That article goes on to explain "What advantage does this change bring,
    >>apart from the new Powerpack subscription prices?" and "Where do I renew
    >>my Standard / Silver / Gold membership?" and

    >>.-----
    >>| Where can I renew my monthly payment membership? What happens to monthly
    >>| payments?
    >>|
    >>| Monthly payments are no longer available. We have stopped debiting users
    >>| who were previously on a monthly subscription. The new subscription
    >>| service is a lot cheaper than the previous Silver membership, while
    >>| providing the same services. However, unfortunately this means we can't
    >>| maintain the monthly payment system, as it wouldn't be commercially
    >>| viable. Because of banking fees, we would end up charging substantially
    >>| more for the monthly payment than for the subscription. This is the same
    >>| reason monthly payment was not available for Standard memberships under
    >>| the old system. We hope that users who previously held a monthly payment
    >>| subscription will not have any trouble in finding the smaller annual fee
    >>| for the new Powerpack subscription service.
    >>|
    >>| I am a paid member of the Club. What will happen to my Club membership
    >>| after the new Powerpack subscription service is launched?
    >>|
    >>| Standard members: Your Standard membership becomes a Powerpack
    >>| subscription. If you had 50 days left of Standard membership left, you
    >>| have now 50 days of Powerpack subscription left. Silver members: Your
    >>| Silver membership is converted to a Powerpack subscription but you now
    >>| have twice as much time remaining. If you had 50 days left of Silver
    >>| membership left, you have now 100 days of Powerpack subscription left.
    >>| Gold and Platinum members: please contact us to arrange a plan to convert
    >>| your membership to the new system.
    >>'-----

    I agree that it doesn't say when the 50 or 100 days starts, and it isn't
    clear whether my 'Standard' membership will become a paid renewable
    'Powerpack' subscription or a free club membership.

    I've just discovered by going to and logging in
    there (seems to be a completely seperate thing from the club.mandriva.com
    login) and going to 'Your Service' that

    ..-----
    | Powerpack Subscription
    |
    | You are subscribed to the Powerpack Download service (Standard) until
    | 12/02/08.
    | Click here to renew your subscription
    '-----

    which by my count is a bit more than 50 days from now. In fact I have a
    hunch that it's 50 days after my Standard club subscription would have
    fallen due.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  15. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    Whiskers writes:

    >On 2007-10-11, Unruh wrote:
    >> Whiskers writes:

    >[...]
    >>>'-----

    >I agree that it doesn't say when the 50 or 100 days starts, and it isn't
    >clear whether my 'Standard' membership will become a paid renewable
    >'Powerpack' subscription or a free club membership.

    >I've just discovered by going to and logging in
    >there (seems to be a completely seperate thing from the club.mandriva.com
    >login) and going to 'Your Service' that

    Thanks I would never ever have found that. Yes, they seem to have given me
    a powerpack subscription to the date when my Standard membership would have
    expired.

    >.-----
    >| Powerpack Subscription
    >|
    >| You are subscribed to the Powerpack Download service (Standard) until
    >| 12/02/08.
    >| Click here to renew your subscription
    >'-----

    >which by my count is a bit more than 50 days from now. In fact I have a
    >hunch that it's 50 days after my Standard club subscription would have
    >fallen due.

    It seems to be the due date.

    >--
    >-- ^^^^^^^^^^
    >-- Whiskers
    >-- ~~~~~~~~~~

  16. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    Philip Jones wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:22:53 +0000, Unruh wrote:
    >
    > > What has happened to the Mandriva club? It used to be when I logged on
    > > it told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply
    > > states that I am a club member. And nowhere do I see anything WRT
    > > different levels of club membership. In fact there seems to be a little
    > > icon that states that club membership is free. Is this correct? Has
    > > mandriva abandoned the club? Is it now just a feelgood organization?
    > > What is the status of the club?

    When I log in I see that I have 95 days left. But, like you, there's no
    indication of the level of my membership. I'm downloading PowerPack for
    2008 right now. It's acting like I'm still a silver member. I think
    it's just the new webpages that have changed.

    > There no longer is a link to the forums on logging in are they dead too?

    I see a the forums link. I'm looking at the RPMs Farm forum right now.

    I don't see anything dead. But, all of Mandriva's web pages seem to
    have a bit of a new look now.

    Cheers...

    Show Windows & Gates to the exit door.

  17. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    On 2007-10-12, Kevin the Drummer wrote:
    > Philip Jones wrote:
    >> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:22:53 +0000, Unruh wrote:
    >>
    >> > What has happened to the Mandriva club? It used to be when I logged on
    >> > it told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply
    >> > states that I am a club member. And nowhere do I see anything WRT
    >> > different levels of club membership. In fact there seems to be a little
    >> > icon that states that club membership is free. Is this correct? Has
    >> > mandriva abandoned the club? Is it now just a feelgood organization?
    >> > What is the status of the club?

    > When I log in I see that I have 95 days left. But, like you, there's no
    > indication of the level of my membership. I'm downloading PowerPack for
    > 2008 right now. It's acting like I'm still a silver member. I think
    > it's just the new webpages that have changed.
    >
    >> There no longer is a link to the forums on logging in are they dead too?

    > I see a the forums link. I'm looking at the RPMs Farm forum right now.
    >
    > I don't see anything dead. But, all of Mandriva's web pages seem to
    > have a bit of a new look now.

    Another annoyance is the 2007.0 updates page

    http://www.mandriva.com/archives/sec...tml?dis=2007.0

    is stale, showing October 4 as the last update, while
    mirrors show additional, newer packages.

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  18. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    Unruh wrote:

    > What has happened to the Mandriva club? It used to be when I logged on it
    > told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply states
    > that I am a club member. And nowhere do I see anything WRT different
    > levels of club membership. In fact there seems to be a little icon that
    > states that club membership is free.
    > Is this correct? Has mandriva abandoned the club? Is it now just a
    > feelgood organization? What is the status of the club?

    I have just been to the page. It told me that I was a member (but not my
    membership category) and the number of days I have left. If I have only so
    many days, another sub is expected. There was no mention of downloads for
    2008, but they are there. I downloaded the 2008 PWP torrent, and it is
    specifically coded for me (that seems to cause problems on the server, I
    noticed last year: I finished up being able to connect only indirectly.

    Doug.

  19. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    On Oct 13, 11:05 pm, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
    > Unruh wrote:
    > > What has happened to theMandrivaclub? It used to be when I logged on it
    > > told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply states
    > > that I am a club member. And nowhere do I see anything WRT different
    > > levels of club membership. In fact there seems to be a little icon that
    > > states that club membership is free.
    > > Is this correct? Hasmandrivaabandoned the club? Is it now just a
    > > feelgood organization? What is the status of the club?

    > I have just been to the page. It told me that I was a member (but not my
    > membership category) and the number of days I have left. If I have only so
    > many days, another sub is expected. There was no mention of downloads for
    > 2008, but they are there. I downloaded the 2008 PWP torrent, and it is
    > specifically coded for me (that seems to cause problems on the server, I
    > noticed last year: I finished up being able to connect only indirectly.
    >
    > Doug.

    I've also seen that my standard club membership has been converted to
    a powerpack subscription, but when I go to the torrents link I'm told
    that I need to purchase a subscription!

    Jerry Pollack

  20. Re: Mandriva club-- is it defunct?

    gp writes:

    >On Oct 13, 11:05 pm, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
    >> Unruh wrote:
    >> > What has happened to theMandrivaclub? It used to be when I logged on it
    >> > told me I was a standard member with x days left. Now it simply states
    >> > that I am a club member. And nowhere do I see anything WRT different
    >> > levels of club membership. In fact there seems to be a little icon that
    >> > states that club membership is free.
    >> > Is this correct? Hasmandrivaabandoned the club? Is it now just a
    >> > feelgood organization? What is the status of the club?

    >> I have just been to the page. It told me that I was a member (but not my
    >> membership category) and the number of days I have left. If I have only so
    >> many days, another sub is expected. There was no mention of downloads for
    >> 2008, but they are there. I downloaded the 2008 PWP torrent, and it is
    >> specifically coded for me (that seems to cause problems on the server, I
    >> noticed last year: I finished up being able to connect only indirectly.
    >>
    >> Doug.

    >I've also seen that my standard club membership has been converted to
    >a powerpack subscription, but when I go to the torrents link I'm told
    >that I need to purchase a subscription!

    That is because you forgot to log on, or forgot to enable cookies.
    so it could remember your logon. I got that too if I did not log on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast