how to install and use remote printer via network print server - Mandriva

This is a discussion on how to install and use remote printer via network print server - Mandriva ; Hi, I would like to install a remote printer via network print server on my linu xmandriva 2006 box - I thouth it was really simple (like adding a printer shared by another box) but no luck so far.... Could ...

  1. how to install and use remote printer via network print server

    Hi,

    I would like to install a remote printer via network print server on my linu
    xmandriva 2006 box - I thouth it was really simple (like adding a printer
    shared by another box) but no luck so far....

    Could you suggest something? My print server is a D-Link DPG310

    Bye

  2. Re: how to install and use remote printer via network print server

    kerakoll wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to install a remote printer via network print server on my linu
    > xmandriva 2006 box - I thouth it was really simple (like adding a printer
    > shared by another box) but no luck so far....
    >
    > Could you suggest something? My print server is a D-Link DPG310
    >
    > Bye

    ok try this

    go into mcc> hardware> setup printers> add new> enter printer uri>
    ipp://where ever this thing is > fallow the rest of the instructions,
    according to the emolater on dlink.com the thins supports ipp.

    let me kknow how it goes

+ Reply to Thread