hp deskjet 3425 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on hp deskjet 3425 - Mandriva ; Hi. I am using mandriva 2007 spring. My local printer, an HP deskjet 3425 USB, seems to be correctly installed and the system says that the printer is ready, but it simply does not print anything. The printer itself is ...

  1. hp deskjet 3425

    Hi. I am using mandriva 2007 spring.
    My local printer, an HP deskjet 3425 USB, seems to be correctly
    installed and the system says that the printer is ready, but it simply
    does not print anything.
    The printer itself is fine, once it works very well under windows, but
    under mandriva 2007 spring it's absolutelly silent, dead, even when
    the system says that it's alive and working!
    Every time I try to change something with kprinter, instead of
    printerdrake, I get the message: "you do not have access to the
    requested resource"...
    I am very sad about that. Does anybody have a tip, or a clue?

  2. Re: hp deskjet 3425

    giovanocardozo@gmail.com wrote:

    > Every time I try to change something with kprinter, instead of
    > printerdrake, I get the message: "you do not have access to the
    > requested resource"...

    sounds like you need to be root to adjust printer properties

+ Reply to Thread