ntfs partition seems empty in mandriva - Mandriva

This is a discussion on ntfs partition seems empty in mandriva - Mandriva ; Hello, configuration: 1 NTFS partition 2 ext3 partitions Mandriva Linux 2007.1 Windows XP GRUB (used to work perfectly, btw) Here's the problem: After a faulty shutdown of VMware, he's experiencing the following problem: In his linux system, the windows partition ...

  1. ntfs partition seems empty in mandriva

    Hello,

    configuration:

    1 NTFS partition

    2 ext3 partitions

    Mandriva Linux 2007.1

    Windows XP

    GRUB

    (used to work perfectly, btw)

    Here's the problem:

    After a faulty shutdown of VMware, he's experiencing the following problem:
    In his linux system, the windows partition is visible, but seems to be
    empty. I was able to view the windows partition with all the files intact
    with some recovery program, but there was no "recover" option.

    When booting windows XP, GRUB states: "Filesystem type unknown, partition
    type 0x7"

    Any idea's on recovering the NTFS partition without loosing any data?

  2. Re: ntfs partition seems empty in mandriva

    On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 17:04:39 -0400, Paul wrote:

    > After a faulty shutdown of VMware, he's experiencing the following problem:
    > In his linux system, the windows partition is visible, but seems to be
    > empty. I was able to view the windows partition with all the files intact
    > with some recovery program, but there was no "recover" option.

    First I'd make a copy of the existing partition. Then I'd try a bart PE
    disk, to see if it can read the system. Good Luck!!

    Regards, Dave Hodgins