How do I make this go away - Mandriva

This is a discussion on How do I make this go away - Mandriva ; Blinky the Shark wrote: > Moe Trin wrote: >> On 4 Sep 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandriva, in article >> , Blinky the Shark wrote: >> >>>Moe Trin wrote: >> >>>>>> Ed Harley wrote: >> >>>>>>> when showing all ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: How do I make this go away

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Moe Trin wrote:
    >> On 4 Sep 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.os.linux.mandriva, in article
    >>, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> which is a google search command relating to newsgroup

    >>>He wasn't posting from Google, Moe. He was using Knode.

    >> For _this_ thread - correct.
    >>
    >>>He's talking about browsing.

    >> but the only time I've ever seen that header is on google-grope posts,
    >> and it's ALWAYS present in those posts. I haven't gone as far as

    > Ah! I don't see GG posts, so I'd never noticed that and assumed he was
    > talking about some of the data that flies back and forth when your
    > browser talks to a web server. My bad.
    >
    >> kill-filing google posts in all of the groups I scan (only a few of
    >> them), so I see it quite regularly. The way I have slrn configured is
    >> (watch the line-wrap)
    >>
    >> visible_headers "From:,Subject:,Newsgroups:,To:,Followup-To:,Reply-To:,
    >> Mail-Copies-To:,Date:,Approved:,X-Newsreader:,User-Agent:,X-Mailer:,
    >> X-HTTP-UserAgent:,NNTP-Posting-Host:,Organization:,X-No-Archive:,
    >> Last-modified:"

    > I do Subject, From, Newsgroups, Date and, like you, the various ones
    > that show news clients.

    is firefox the problem?

  2. Re: How do I make this go away

    Ed Harley wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Moe Trin wrote:

    >>> which is a google search command relating to newsgroup

    >>> For _this_ thread - correct.

    >>> but the only time I've ever seen that header is on google-grope posts,
    >>> and it's ALWAYS present in those posts. I haven't gone as far as

    >> Ah! I don't see GG posts, so I'd never noticed that and assumed he was
    >> talking about some of the data that flies back and forth when your
    >> browser talks to a web server. My bad.
    >>
    >>> kill-filing google posts in all of the groups I scan (only a few of
    >>> them), so I see it quite regularly. The way I have slrn configured is
    >>> (watch the line-wrap)
    >>>
    >>> visible_headers "From:,Subject:,Newsgroups:,To:,Followup-To:,Reply-To:,
    >>> Mail-Copies-To:,Date:,Approved:,X-Newsreader:,User-Agent:,X-Mailer:,
    >>> X-HTTP-UserAgent:,NNTP-Posting-Host:,Organization:,X-No-Archive:,
    >>> Last-modified:"

    >> I do Subject, From, Newsgroups, Date and, like you, the various ones
    >> that show news clients.

    > is firefox the problem?

    The problem is Google.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  3. Re: How do I make this go away

    "Ed Harley" wrote in message
    > when showing all headers this comes up

    > Gecko/20061220 Mandriva/1.5.0.10-2mdv2007.0 (2007.0)
    > Firefox/1.5.0.10,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
    >
    > is there any way to stop it from showing my OS?
    >
    > I prefer to keep my OS hidden if possible.

    Telnet to your news server Ed. Its easy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2