Preferred Programs - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Preferred Programs - Mandriva ; Is there somewhere to set what my preferred program is? For example, when I press on a link I want Firefox to come up, not Konquerer. Tks....

  1. Preferred Programs

    Is there somewhere to set what my preferred program is?
    For example, when I press on a link I want Firefox to come
    up, not Konquerer. Tks.

  2. Re: Preferred Programs

    Pete wrote:

    > Is there somewhere to set what my preferred program is?
    > For example, when I press on a link I want Firefox to come
    > up, not Konquerer. Tks.

    I don't think KDE groups things that way. What you can do is to set up your
    own preferences. For example t set defaults for your Email Client, Web
    Browser or Instant messenger, from The Mandriva (Start) button, select:
    System->Configuration->KDE->Component Chooser. In mine, the choices are:

    Email-Client Mozilla-thundrbird
    Web Browser Mandriva-mozilla-firefox

    To find out why yours uses whatever it uses, find the menu editor and check
    out the properties of a few items. It may give you an insight.

    BOBL

    Alan

  3. Re: Preferred Programs

    Alan Secker wrote:
    > Pete wrote:
    >
    >> Is there somewhere to set what my preferred program is?
    >> For example, when I press on a link I want Firefox to come
    >> up, not Konquerer. Tks.

    > I don't think KDE groups things that way. What you can do is to set up your
    > own preferences. For example t set defaults for your Email Client, Web
    > Browser or Instant messenger, from The Mandriva (Start) button, select:
    > System->Configuration->KDE->Component Chooser. In mine, the choices are:
    >
    > Email-Client Mozilla-thundrbird
    > Web Browser Mandriva-mozilla-firefox
    >
    > To find out why yours uses whatever it uses, find the menu editor and check
    > out the properties of a few items. It may give you an insight.
    >
    > BOBL
    >
    > Alan

    Perfect. Now my defaults are Firefox and Thunderbird!
    -Pete

  4. Re: Preferred Programs

    On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 21:23:26 +0000, Pete wrote:

    > Is there somewhere to set what my preferred program is?
    > For example, when I press on a link I want Firefox to come
    > up, not Konquerer. Tks.

    Who ties your shoelaces for you in the mornings?