Display resolution doesn't hold after reboot - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Display resolution doesn't hold after reboot - Mandriva ; The subject pretty much says it all. I'm tired of looking at microfish. I adjust the screen to a bigger resolution, check the box to hold after reboot, and it doesn't. It resorts to the highest resolution possible. Fix? -Pete...

  1. Display resolution doesn't hold after reboot

    The subject pretty much says it all. I'm tired of looking at
    microfish. I adjust the screen to a bigger resolution, check
    the box to hold after reboot, and it doesn't. It resorts to
    the highest resolution possible.

    Fix?

    -Pete

  2. Re: Display resolution doesn't hold after reboot

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:06:37 +0000, Pete wrote:

    > The subject pretty much says it all. I'm tired of looking at
    > microfish. I adjust the screen to a bigger resolution, check
    > the box to hold after reboot, and it doesn't. It resorts to
    > the highest resolution possible.
    >
    > Fix?

    Should be able to set it with MCC-->Hardware-->Change screen resolution.
    If all else fails, you can manually edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf to whatever
    you want and restart X.

  3. Re: Display resolution doesn't hold after reboot

    Wes Newell wrote:

    > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:06:37 +0000, Pete wrote:
    >
    >> The subject pretty much says it all. I'm tired of looking at
    >> microfish. I adjust the screen to a bigger resolution, check
    >> the box to hold after reboot, and it doesn't. It resorts to
    >> the highest resolution possible.
    >>
    >> Fix?
    >>

    > Should be able to set it with MCC-->Hardware-->Change screen resolution.
    > If all else fails, you can manually edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf to whatever
    > you want and restart X.

    I just switched monitors, and it worked fine.

+ Reply to Thread