Wireless Question - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Wireless Question - Mandriva ; Hi everyone, I have a wireless problem I was wondering if anyone could help me out? What happened is I have a linksys router with wpa security here at home which worked fine with my laptop running 2007.1, I went ...

  1. Wireless Question

    Hi everyone, I have a wireless problem I was wondering if anyone could
    help me out? What happened is I have a linksys router with wpa security
    here at home which worked fine with my laptop running 2007.1, I went to
    visit my family for a couple of weeks and I used their internet which
    used wep, now the problem is when i came back home my laptop would not
    connect to my router with the security enabled, it will only work on
    unsecured mode, when the laptop boots and get to the internet part, just
    before it starts x I can see the old wep key come up with a error, I
    have tried a bunch of options but nothing works, it seems that the okd
    keys and internet config is still in a file somewhere on this laptop and
    its causing me problems, I just don't know where to look, any help would
    be great Thanks, Brian

  2. Re: Wireless Question

    Brian wrote:

    > Hi everyone, I have a wireless problem I was wondering if anyone could
    > help me out? What happened is I have a linksys router with wpa security
    > here at home which worked fine with my laptop running 2007.1, I went to
    > visit my family for a couple of weeks and I used their internet which
    > used wep, now the problem is when i came back home my laptop would not
    > connect to my router with the security enabled, it will only work on
    > unsecured mode, when the laptop boots and get to the internet part, just
    > before it starts x I can see the old wep key come up with a error, I
    > have tried a bunch of options but nothing works, it seems that the okd
    > keys and internet config is still in a file somewhere on this laptop and
    > its causing me problems, I just don't know where to look, any help would
    > be great Thanks, Brian

    Brian Wakem

  3. Re: Wireless Question

    On 2007-08-29, Brian wrote:
    > I have tried a bunch of options but nothing works, it seems that the okd
    > keys and internet config is still in a file somewhere on this laptop and
    > its causing me problems, I just don't know where to look, any help would
    > be great Thanks, Brian

    have a look in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf You may see two entries against
    your access point. (Depending on the exact sequence you went through to
    set it up at your family's place). Anyway look there first and make sure
    it is nice'n'tidy with only the entries you expect.

    Lordy

  4. Re: Wireless Question

    lordy wrote:
    > On 2007-08-29, Brian wrote:
    >> I have tried a bunch of options but nothing works, it seems that the okd
    >> keys and internet config is still in a file somewhere on this laptop and
    >> its causing me problems, I just don't know where to look, any help would
    >> be great Thanks, Brian

    > have a look in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf You may see two entries against
    > your access point. (Depending on the exact sequence you went through to
    > set it up at your family's place). Anyway look there first and make sure
    > it is nice'n'tidy with only the entries you expect.
    >
    > Lordy

    Update-
    I reinstalled the wpa_supplicant
    deleted any old wireless info in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/....
    deleted everything in /temp and /var/temp
    and now it works great, thanks for all the help

+ Reply to Thread