Laptop standby...download java - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Laptop standby...download java - Mandriva ; I loaded manddriva 2006 on my landlords son's machine..... Toshiba laptop....and have 2 items I need help with getting setup right. He said under xp if he closes the laptop it goes into standby mode but it doesnt while running ...

  1. Laptop standby...download java

    I loaded manddriva 2006 on my landlords son's machine.....
    Toshiba laptop....and have 2 items I need help with
    getting setup right.
    He said under xp if he closes the laptop it goes into
    standby mode but it doesnt while running mandriva.
    The other issue is I cant find a version of java that
    says its for mandriva 2006.
    Help on either problem will be appreciated !!!
    Tia,Dale

    I was on google but could not find the answer to either issue.

  2. Re: Laptop standby...download java

    dale's news stuff wrote:

    > I loaded manddriva 2006 on my landlords son's machine.....
    > Toshiba laptop....and have 2 items I need help with
    > getting setup right.
    > He said under xp if he closes the laptop it goes into
    > standby mode but it doesnt while running mandriva.
    > The other issue is I cant find a version of java that
    > says its for mandriva 2006.
    > Help on either problem will be appreciated !!!
    > Tia,Dale
    >
    > I was on google but could not find the answer to either issue.

    in KPowersave go to "General Settings" -> "Button Events" and select the
    relevant option in the "Lid close Button" drop-down list.

    --
    Brian Wakem

  3. Re: Laptop standby...download java

    On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:23:13 GMT, dale's news stuff wrote:

    > The other issue is I cant find a version of java that
    > says its for mandriva 2006.

    I would assume current jre should work.
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.o...3743ad3be81cf7

  4. Re: Laptop standby...download java

    Brian Wakem wrote:

    > dale's news stuff wrote:
    >
    >> I loaded manddriva 2006 on my landlords son's machine.....
    >> Toshiba laptop....and have 2 items I need help with
    >> getting setup right.
    >> He said under xp if he closes the laptop it goes into
    >> standby mode but it doesnt while running mandriva.
    >> The other issue is I cant find a version of java that
    >> says its for mandriva 2006.
    >> Help on either problem will be appreciated !!!
    >> Tia,Dale
    >>
    >> I was on google but could not find the answer to either issue.

    > in KPowersave go to "General Settings" -> "Button Events" and select the
    > relevant option in the "Lid close Button" drop-down list.

    Im guessing....KPowersave....is in mandriva 2007 cause I cant
    find it in 2006.

  5. Re: Laptop standby...download java

    dale's news stuff wrote:

    > Brian Wakem wrote:
    >
    >> dale's news stuff wrote:
    >>
    >>> I loaded manddriva 2006 on my landlords son's machine.....
    >>> Toshiba laptop....and have 2 items I need help with
    >>> getting setup right.
    >>> He said under xp if he closes the laptop it goes into
    >>> standby mode but it doesnt while running mandriva.
    >>> The other issue is I cant find a version of java that
    >>> says its for mandriva 2006.
    >>> Help on either problem will be appreciated !!!
    >>> Tia,Dale
    >>>
    >>> I was on google but could not find the answer to either issue.

    >> in KPowersave go to "General Settings" -> "Button Events" and select the
    >> relevant option in the "Lid close Button" drop-down list.
    >>

    > Im guessing....KPowersave....is in mandriva 2007 cause I cant
    > find it in 2006.

    I'm running 2007 Spring on my Toshiba laptop, but according to
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=29295 it will run on 2006,
    it just isn't included in the distro.

    --
    Brian Wakem