KDE Task bar - Mandriva

This is a discussion on KDE Task bar - Mandriva ; It's not something to get annoyed about, but I find the behaviour of entries on the KDE Task bar slightly frustrating. Starting an application puts an item on the right hand side, as you might expect, but its subsequent position ...

  1. KDE Task bar

    It's not something to get annoyed about, but I find the behaviour of
    entries on the KDE Task bar slightly frustrating. Starting an
    application puts an item on the right hand side, as you might expect,
    but its subsequent position depends on whether there is one or more than
    one window open. There doesn't seem to be anything in the KDE control
    centre to control this behaviour. Do you suppose it's one of those
    "intentional behaviour" buglets?
    Regards to all.
    Grimble

  2. Re: KDE Task bar

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:33:05 -0400, Grimble wrote:

    > It's not something to get annoyed about, but I find the behaviour of
    > entries on the KDE Task bar slightly frustrating. Starting an
    > application puts an item on the right hand side, as you might expect,

    Depends on if you are talking about applications, that put an icon into
    the system tray menu, or applets, that add their own menu to the kicker
    panel.

    You can move the system tray menu, to be to the left of the taskbar
    menu, to get more consistent behaviour. Just to the left of the
    system tray menu, there is a virtical grey bar, with a very small
    arrow pointing up, at the top if it. Left click on that arrow, left
    click on "Move System Tray". Move the mouse to the left, so the
    system tray menu is to the left of the taskbar menu, and then left
    click again, to stop moving it.

    Adding applets will always go to the right, but again, you can add them,
    after moving them.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: KDE Task bar

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:33:05 -0400, Grimble wrote:
    >
    >> It's not something to get annoyed about, but I find the behaviour of
    >> entries on the KDE Task bar slightly frustrating. Starting an
    >> application puts an item on the right hand side, as you might expect,

    > Depends on if you are talking about applications, that put an icon into
    > the system tray menu, or applets, that add their own menu to the kicker
    > panel.
    > It wasn't the System Tray, Dave; its contents don't move. It's the

    movement of items in the Task Bar area I was talking about.
    I'm playing about with some of the options in the "Configure Taskbar"
    menu to see if they affect anything.

+ Reply to Thread